Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Half pork loin - Reverse sear?

Having my family over to exchange gifts tomorrow as we came home from my wife's family in Ohio today.  Was wanting to cook a half pork loin and thought about doing a reverse sear.  Would this work for a pork loin?  I generally sear the loin first and finish in the oven if I didn't have the Egg, so I figured I could get by with a reverse sear.  Below is what I thought about doing.  

1.  Rub with EVOO and apple cider vinegar
  2. Rub with salt, pepper, garlic powder
  3. Heat Egg to 250° and cook till 140°?  
  4. Remove the loin.  
  5. Increase Egg temp to 500°
  6. Sear until internal is around 150° ish?  
  7. FTC for 30 min or so?  
  8. Enjoy
Anyone done a whole pork loin this way before?  Any idea about an estimated time?  Any suggestions or recipes please help!  Thanks in advance.  
Thanks,

Matthew
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomasville, NC - Large BGE (w/Nest) - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg)

Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments