Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why Do I Feel Guilty

I got my LBGE two years ago, a week after my neighbor got his XLBGE. SInce then we have cooked pretty much everything you could enjoy on the egg. I was given a Digi Q dx2 for a Christmas present. I am doing my first cook with it this evening. Why do i feel like I'm Cheating....it is working great..temp up to 240 within 20 minutes and chugging along. I guess i just have to get over the Purist feelings. I bet they go away after i sleep good tonight

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I don't since getting mine a few months ago. Love it
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • sgegger your going to absolutely love it after your 1st over night cook when you get up in the morning and see that your Egg is excatley where you left as far as temp goes ,knowing that you can now sleep easy knowing that the Guru will take care of the cook to me all your guilt will disappear 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    edited December 2013
    Just be aware that it can't do much if the temp starts to run away - essentially if you set it up with too much airflow.   Except it will start beeping at you like an angry old man trying to return soup at the deli.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • what I do is once my Egg reaches desired temp I close the daisy wheel and that keeps it excatley where it is it's almost locked on so as far as it creeping up I haven't had that issue  
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • i set the daisy wheel to almost closed.. i have just seen a 10 degree variance..It makes me feel like i am cheating. Of course there is the art of drinking beer or scotch with your neighbor or friends just watching the egg do its thing...it is an art you know
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I'm kind of feeling the same way, first cook with a controller here as well. I just lost one of my go to excuses with SWMBO for not running to the store or something while cooking. It used to be "can't go now, I just tweaked the vents", will need to come up with another excuse...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW i hear ya. in fact i got a call from a friend who had a flat tire and i had no excuse for not helping him....when i came back my pit temp was 40 degrees higher?