Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

maintenance day

henapplehenapple Posts: 15,574
No cooking today. ..have a lot of leftovers. Pressure washed the table and concrete and grids, rib rack, daisy wheel, etc... cleaned the egg...tested the thermapen and egg thermo...spot on. Went ahead with a small clean burn. Ready to roll.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 17,447
    edited December 2013
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

edited December 2013
    And I was in Austin near lunchtime. We wanted Thai so I called CenTex for a recommendation. He sent us to a place on the Drag that was outstanding. Point of the story is I still have 3 dirty Eggs. That and CenTex is a good guy. Also if I going to high jack a post, best to do a buddies.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Cen-Tex goes to any place called "The Drag"....just sayin' Mick

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,518

Cen-Tex goes to any place called "The Drag"....just sayin' Mick

This.
  • Madam Mam's on Guadelupe (aka "the drag"). Glad you liked it Mickey...and Steven, I've been to far worse places that this.
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
  • I suspect Cen-Tex is taking a maintenance day of a slightly different variety.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

In Durham, NC, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
  • I suspect Cen-Tex is taking a maintenance day of a slightly different variety.
    correct...............much better but still not right. Freaking lakewade is the devil.

Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    Cen-Tex goes to any place called "The Drag"....just sayin' Mick

In Austin it's 6th St that's to watch. The Drag is mild.

• sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,170

I suspect Cen-Tex is taking a maintenance day of a slightly different variety.

correct...............much better but still not right. Freaking lakewade is the devil.

No refusal weekend- Get back on that horse!

One thing I hate about getting older..hangovers last over one day.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • I just gave my egg some love for the new year. New gasket. Highque charcoal grate bamboo cutting boards to fix up the egg mates. Nest handler. Smoke ware cap. Maverick 773 new bolts and stainless hardware for the casters. Thinking about adding the grate racks also. It had been way too long since I gave my poor egg the proper maintenance it deserved.