Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Temperature

Options
I am cooking 2 briskets tomorrow and will be using the adjustable rig/plate setter. There is a 2.5 pound difference and I am wondering which to put on top and bottom.

My thought is to put the larger (11 lb) on top and the smaller (8.5 lb) on the bottom. Is that correct.

My goal is to have them finish as close to each other as possible

Comments

• eggerbbq
    Options
    I did this once, and was really disappointed in how it turned out. I don't have a suggestion about which one to put on the bottom, but I do know that the one I had on the bottom cooked much faster. If I do it again I will put the fat side down on the bottom one to protect it from the heat. I would also switch them every couple of hours to even the cooking. Now that I think about it, I would probably put the heavier one on the bottom to start, and then switch them from there. Just a thought.