Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

kuhn rikon

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Are these knives any good? Received a paring and bread knife. Received 2 Wusthof knives and shears that I know I'll keep. I like my chef's knife. Keep in mind I'm not a knife snob.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

Not sure on the knives, but the rest of their products are awesome.  I have their garlic press--I think it was $40.00, but it's so much better and easier to clean than the other 3-4 I had before that.

I have some Wustof knives, their pairing and bread knives are great.  But for chef's, boning, & slicing knives, I reach for the Victorinox Fibrox ones I bought on Amazon CHEAP.  Much less bulky than the Wustof's.

I also have a few Kyocera and Kitchen Aid Ceramic knives for veggies.

• Little Steven
    Options
    I have a pressure cooker and it is awesome.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Options
    +1 on the pressure cooker. Made some killer turkey stock with it for Christmas dinner.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    I pick up their knives at Marshall's and I like them.  Use in the kitchen, and take on vacations, picnics, etc.  Very sharp when new and hold the edge reasonably well, of course you can resharpen them too.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY