Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lazzari lump

Options
Anyone tried it? $14.27 for a 40lb bag
Lynnwood WA

Comments

• shadowcaster
    Options
    Nope, but for that price it would be worth trying!
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I have tried it, paid way more than that. If I remember correctly I liked it. For that price I would stock up.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    Cool I bought 1 bag they had a huge pallet at the local cash n carry. I will go back with my truck.
    Lynnwood WA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I remember when I used it. I revived an old barrel smoker that hand't been used for at least 20 years last summer at my BIL's place in northern CA. Only lump I saw at their local Safeway. And yes, I did like it. Had a good mix of large pieces, some really big and you would probably need to break some of it up for use in a small or mini.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    Naked Whiz gives it an above average review so for that price I will take it.
    Lynnwood WA
  • bakoque
    Options
    Use it all the time and like it a lot. Usually pay $9.99 for a 20# bag.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    The only Lazari I've seen out here is the mesquite lump.  I keep a bag of it handy to toss in a few pieces whenever I'm cooking beef.  Nice flavor compliment.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • thailandjohn
    Options
    I have used Lazzari Mesquite charcoal for years....Mesquite is the only lump I use. I live 20 miles from the Lazarri warehouse in South San Francisco....I usually pay around $12.00 for the 40lb sack....in addition the the Mesquite, they also have hardwood lump in 40lb sacks for around $16.00 for 40lbs....they also carry fruitwood chunks and chips in bulk at very good prices
  • LeoHat2
    Options
    Yeah, I've used it. I used to get it at the Cash N Carry in Bellevue. It's pretty good stuff. It's relatively cheap, and they have it year around.

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I've burned a few bags of it. Good stuff if you like a pretty strong smoke taste. (I do)

Stuff sparked like crazy when I used it. I have my eggs set up on my deck so I haven't bought any for a while due to concerns about sparks and embers. Good price for a lot of lump though. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Will look for it at the C&C in Bellingham next week. Thanks for the info, I'm down to about 200# and Santa did not leave any coal this year. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • terry_b
    Options
    It's good stuff. My only complaint is that is sparks A LOT at high heat. When you're going nuclear and cranking up the temp for say that final part of a reverse sear, get ready for a lot of sparks flying out.