Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Merry X-Mass...and a CGW rant...

Options

Well, first of all, merry x-mas and happy holidays to all, i hope everyone has a safe one. Its been quite a time for us, as my mother in law past last week, and its been pretty tough on everyone, especially the kids and wife. We are making the best of this time of year as we can. I wish everyone on here the best, and hope they all have a great safe time with their families. I enjoy this time of year and all the food that we can cook for everyone to enjoy.

So on my side note. I was more than ecstatic after a year of trying to convince the wife that an adjustable swing rack from CGW is needed and to recieve one for x-mas! Will come in very handy with all the company we will be having over the x-mas and family time. However....after her order 2 months ago, and around $100 for shipping, we only recived the grates, no post, collar, or allen key, handy... Anyways, not meaning to ****, just a bit disapointed in them. We have called in, will see what kind of service is supplied going forward, i hope to hear from them at least shortly after the holiday. Sorry, that was my quick rant. back to Happy holidays for all. It has been a great year on this site, i have learned more than you can imagine from all of you, wish you all the best. take care.

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Merry Christmas to you and all of your family.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options

Well i already had a reply from CGW's, even though its X-mas Day, Was not expecting that but it is much appreciated, sounds like some good customer service so far. They will ship missing parts out tomorrow. Just hope its not a 6 week delivery.

Cheers everyone!

• Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Options
    Sorry for your family's loss. Hope things work out with your present. Merry Xmas and next year will be better

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    I just lost my mom a few months ago & the first Christmas was a tough one. Merry Christmas to all in this zoo.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    We are getting through it. 57 was pretty young, but it was time. Not trying to be a downer at this time. I am glad to have my wife home though, she was staying with her pretty much full time for the last 6 weeks. Anyways. Thanks for your comments. On to happier posts! All of you are great out there! Looking forward to some good xmas cook pics. Myself, first time in 12 years we are not doing turkey. Wife wasn't into it, so picked up a rib roast that I'll cut into steaks. She wants steaks and crab, and a bunch of other stuff. I'll try and remember to get some pics and post when able.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Condolences on the loss my friend. Never a good time for this, but the Christmas time often provides lots of distractions to ease the grief. 
    Have a great Christmas and all the best for 2014.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    You paid $100 for shipping??! Did I read this right?? Where do you live?

..after her order 2 months ago, and around $100 for shipping,

XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    40.26 Frieght and shipping I guess, and then 50 or so when UPS delivered.