Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg carten

Hi all,

Anyone have any updates on ordering an egg carten. Got a new mini today and need carrying device.

I emailed Scott multiple times but haven't heard back.

Thanks

Steven

Comments

• jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    I'm in the same boat... He did respond back to me though saying he was wanting to get back into production, but he was still trying to line up vendors. Said he would hold my address and email me when he was up and running.
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• I'd also like to know when the bassinet or car seat is avail for my new baby...
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • I know a guy that works for the company who makes the Egg Carten. I think Scott has or is in the process of moving his family to another city but has expressed interest in resuming production soon.

Stay tuned.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • I'm still waiting for the mangrates to show up.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,718
    He's moved but hasn't found a production line. I just got his last small egg Carten number 49. I had been emailing him for a while though.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,705
    He moved to Ohio in the summer, and I guess is working on getting set up again.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fadax
    fadax Posts: 32
    I need one also. Fausto
    Milano-ITALY
  • Mickey
    Mine lives in its Carten. What do others do? image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Mine rests on the side of the gasser / storage unit for now.image
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Please keep us posted on when he goes back into production.  I'm in the market for one of these for the small egg in my future.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• Yes would really love one of these soon. Maybe even if we could get Scott some deposits so we are queued up when he does go live.
  • I want one too.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    I heard Mickey's got a new Egg Carten called a Toyota Tundra :))
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Hotch
    I'm in for one if we can get these made again
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    My mini lives in this when we're home.  When we are on the road, it's in carten #11.
    Don't give up, hang
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • jaydub58

Eeek!  I meant to say hang in there until you czan get one; it's worth it!

• jaydub58
    @Mickey, this is an old pic of the carten; I'm now using the heavy silicone pad like you do.  Perffect!
  • Mickey
    edited December 2013
    billyray said:
    I heard Mickey's got a new Egg Carten called a Toyota Tundra :))
    Tacoma….. Every Tundra I have had I backed into somthing…..

• Mickey
    jaydub58 said:
    @Mickey, this is an old pic of the carten; I'm now using the heavy silicone pad like you do.  Perffect!
    Ended up with two of those in two thickness (out $60) but i can now set the damn thing on my living room table to cook….

• Hey guys...not on here much but had an interesting call with a potential vendor today and just had to pass it on. So, as you know I am working on finding some new good suppliers to make our Cartens again. I ask this person "so what kind of products do you normally make"...He says brakes shoes and pads! Then asks do you want your Cartens lined with brake shoe material? I immediately thought of Mickey! Talk about heat resistance. Good news is they seemed to have the right stuff to make the Cartens. Hopefully their quote is good enough to get us going again.

Thanks to all of you who continue to compliment the Carten design. For those who are patiently awaiting, I am working on it and will update on this site when they are available again. Hopefully soon.

Scott

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Sweet! I'm hoping for #69(because reasons)
  • I want one for my mini!!!
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I think I want one for my new small.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Scott , please PM me or keep me updated on your site, I would like to purchase one and give you some business....
    thanks,
    Mike 
    XL-BGE (Wine N Down), L-BGE (Whiskey Dreams),  MiniMax-BGE (Bourbon N Bowties), Mini-BGE (Beer Run) 
  • Awesome news Scott. I'm ready to order a mini!
  • Hotch
    Great news Scott. I am in for a Mini.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Mickey
    slewis said:

Hey guys...not on here much but had an interesting call with a potential vendor today and just had to pass it on. So, as you know I am working on finding some new good suppliers to make our Cartens again. I ask this person "so what kind of products do you normally make"...He says brakes shoes and pads! Then asks do you want your Cartens lined with brake shoe material? I immediately thought of Mickey! Talk about heat resistance. Good news is they seemed to have the right stuff to make the Cartens. Hopefully their quote is good enough to get us going again.

Thanks to all of you who continue to compliment the Carten design. For those who are patiently awaiting, I am working on it and will update on this site when they are available again. Hopefully soon.

Scott

I never said it was my brightest move (sure sounded good in my head). And I can sit my Carten on my living room table to cook. Cost almost as much as my Carten ( after buying two sheets). There is much better ways to get rid of the heat on the bottom ( much better than spending what I spent). image

• @slewis

Have you ever considered designing/building one in the Medium BGE size?  It would sure make transporting one to deer camp easier.

A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • I am also in need of a CARTEN for a small. I have emailed and standing by