Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What did you get for Christmas?

Finally got the AR fully loaded with extender, spider, and various ceramic stones.  Also some other goodies.  Will spend the rest of the day figuring out set-ups.image
Milton, GA.

Comments

• Most of my Christmas gifts came early from the wife. Not appropriate to open in front of young children
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,551
    MAP torch and a slicer. Will use both tomorrow on a prime rib cook. Mrs. Cookinbob made stuffed shells for tonight.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    A green Thermopen

Give Mr. Flynn a Christmas pat from us.....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • LitLit Posts: 4,096
    Congrats the AR is amazing and really gives you so many options to experiment with.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,538
    edited December 2013

Most of my Christmas gifts came early from the wife. Not appropriate to open in front of young children

Fletch wins. Us men do think about that stuff every 7 seconds, after all.
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 2,763
    I got my thermapen!!!!!!!!!!!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • My inlaws knocked it out of the park. I got a mini Woo and a Yeti 35. I hinted at the woo, but never mentioned anything about a Yeti, so it was a huge surprise.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,355
    I got… burnt.

A leCreuset cast-iron dutch oven has a plastic knob on the lid, which conveniently stays cool on the stovetop. It does not stay cool, however, after 55 minutes in a 350-degree oven.

Ow.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 127
    First and for most  I got to have my whole family in my house (I am blessed)!  But I got a cast iron grate for the BGE, and gift certificates  to my favorite restaurant for when I'm not egging.  
  • I got the BigGreenEgg Cookbook and BGE salt and pepper shakers ... the family knows me too well  *LOL*

Have a prime rib roast going as we speak, an '03 chateauneuf du pape cooling, and the family around the table.  Life doesn't get any better.

Merry Christmas to all!
  • Amaze-N-Pellet-Smoker and a customized bottle opener for the table. I am a man blessed with a perfect family. Merry Christmas all!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • A party q and an unbelievable bone in ribeye roast.
  • A little off topic, but I did get something to put meat on the table.  A Winchester Model 10 Alaskan in 300 Win Mag.  Composite and Stainless.  My wife is amazing.  I am truely blessed.
  • I got what I really wanted from my wife and daughter, a Stoker! Now all I have to do is figure out what kind of router I need to get the signal to the porch. I love my family. The best thing by far was hugs and kisses from my two grand daughters.
    Easley SC Go! Tigers
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,127
    Family gave me money, which will go towards buying an adjustable rig.

@Botch - you can replace the knob with a Le Creuset one from Amazon or buy a metal cabinet knob from HD/Lowes.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    I have built 1800 pieces of Lego so far. Next set is another 1300 pieces... I love Lego :-)
    image.jpg 861.6K
    Lynnwood WA
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I got Jack Daniels wood chunks, some rubs,charcuterie book, Nikon coolpix L28 camera, and a prepaid fully guided deer hunt to Dreamranch in Alabama. I have an awesome wife. Also got some money and plan to buy a meat grinder .

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• BotchBotch Posts: 3,355
    caliking said:
    @Botch - you can replace the knob with a Le Creuset one from Amazon or buy a metal cabinet knob from HD/Lowes.

I've seen those, but I prefer the plastic knobs as you don't need a potholder when the DO's used on the stove; I just forgot that, in the oven, the plastic would actually get hot too.  
    :\">

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,563
    edited December 2013
    Clothing and money no eggcessories this year:(
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • I got a a-maze-n-smoker all the flavors of smoking pellets 2 smokeware stainless caps and a bunch of dizzy pig rubs
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,563
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,983
    I got a Meat Grinder attachment for our KitchenAid mixer.

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,458
    double said:
    I have built 1800 pieces of Lego so far. Next set is another 1300 pieces... I love Lego :-)
    Those don't look like the legos that I played with.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• My wife gave me a 50 quart Yeti!!!!! I would never spend my$$$$ on one, but glad to get it. :)
  • A cast iron griddle for the Egg and a meat grinder attachment for KitchenAid mixer. Best gift won't be ready for another week, a miniature Australian Shepherd puppy!
    "If you have the means, I highly recommend it." - Ferris Bueller
  • I have shown it already on a couple posts, but I am very happy to get it; been trying for a year now.  A Tedrow Standard, seems like he is not taking any orders anymore.  The one with the dark bellows.  The other is a Tedrow Baritone I have had for a few years.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• Dave in FloridaDave in Florida Posts: 850
    edited December 2013

A  Woo ring for my small

BASS pro Shop gift cards

photo 20131225_075137_zps7d4aa8b1.jpg

photo 20131225_075123_zpse04ff380.jpg

photo 20131225_075049_zps04219379.jpg

photo 20131225_075036_zps143c9f32.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • lakewadelakewade Posts: 373
    A CGS Large Adjustable Rig with several options. An A-MAZE-N-SMOKER and dust and pellets.  (Both thanks to my very understanding and wonderful wife.)  A smoker cap.  All kinds of great BBQ rubs and stuff.  Two mini pizza stones.  I am a lucky guy.

Oh...and a hangover.

Merry Christmas all!

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,458
    lakewade said:
    A CGS Large Adjustable Rig with several options. An A-MAZE-N-SMOKER and dust and pellets.  (Both thanks to my very understanding and wonderful wife.)  A smoker cap.  All kinds of great BBQ rubs and stuff.  Two mini pizza stones.  I am a lucky guy.

Oh...and a hangover.

Merry Christmas all!
    Ya mean that cheep ass @centex got you nothing ????? [-(

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.