Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dual probe thermometer

Options
Happy Holidays BGE FORUM!!!! Looking to get a high quality dual probe thermometer, any recommendation?? Reasonable Price would be even better, but willing to spend on quality....
XL BGE, BGE MINI MAX
GREAT WIFE, 2 GORGEOUS KIDS, & NO FREE TIME.....

Comments

• loveTheEgg
    Options

Digi Q
    Brandon, MS
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    maverick 733. This is the model I want
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Leebo
    Leebo Posts: 1
    Options
    I just bought a Maverick ET-733 from Amazon for $88. I am pretty sure that it is the same manufacturer that BGE uses to make their branded dual probe thermometer. So far I love it.
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    edited December 2013
    Options

If you are interested in reading temps only, the wirelessMaverick ET-733 will do that, but be aware the probes have been a problem for some.  They are RTD probes which are not the most reliable.

The Thermoworks TW-8060 uses industry standard Type K thermocouples which are very rugged but this unit does not have wireless capability.

The DigiQ also uses Type K probes but they have proprietary plugs.  This unit also has a fan which will control air flow through the Egg and therefor allow temperature control.  It is not wireless.

Pick your poison.

A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • jenericzac
    Options
    I bought a 733 but got it with the made in the usa probe upgrade. Think it was from barbeque.com. ill have to check. 100.00 or so with the upgraded probes