Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Standing Rib Roast?

Options
Aubie1
Aubie1 Posts: 436

Noticed that most of you pro's are doing indirect cooking for the standing rib roast.  Any of you tried the direct method and if so, how were the results?

Thanks in advance!

XL BGE and L BGE

Comments

• JLGougeon
    Options
    I did a standing rib roast on a raised rack - need to get it out of the flames as there is so much fat burn off it tends to get really smokey (and not the "good" smoke).  I"m doing a 4 bone rib today and will use the "reverse sear" method.  Getting XL up to around 335 and cooking 17 mins. per pound indirectly (until I get it to 112 internally).  Once it's cooked through I'll open the vents and sear it 90 seconds per side to get a nice color/sear on the crust.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
    Cheers!
    John
    XLBGE and Weber Silver "C"
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    I do direct, raised grate, 300 and takes about 2:30 to 2:40. I pull at 115. I have 2 5-rib roasts on the egg now. Merry Christmas and good eats. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !