Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Christmas Prime Rib

Started up the egg this morning and while the kids played with gifts I got to work on the Egg! A little on the long side this slab of meat is immense and I can hardly wait to see how it turns out. Prepped the egg with a complete clean out. Prior cook was pizza''s so the egg interior was self cleaned well. Prepared the prime rib with garlic cloves, tyme, black pepper and kosher salt. I'll cook at a dome temp of 325F until the temp comes up internally to 160 degrees. May be a while to cook but can't wait till the dinner later today.
·

Comments

• CP92CP92 Posts: 200
    Do you really mean 160?  That's pretty done for a prime rib.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Laurel, MD
    ·
  • No the boss corrected me that it will come off at 130 and let it rest as the temp will rise internally!
    ·
  • Wow.  That doesn't look like a prime rib to me.  How was it cut?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Was bulk packed.
    ·
  • I first read 160 and started to cry.   Nice looking pr.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·
  • Finished product... Resting now after removing it at 128 degrees at the center. 
    ·
  • CP92CP92 Posts: 200
    Nicely done sir. How'd the family receive it?
    Chris
    LBGE
    Laurel, MD
    ·
  • that is a NY strip loin. looks awesome. prime rib-prime strip....all good to me.

·
  • jscarfojscarfo Posts: 399
    This is the prime rib I had today indirect to 115, then sear to 125
    image.jpg 1.9M
    image.jpg 1.6M
    ·
  • Yes it was a prime rib with the ribs still in place. Went over exceptionally well with a nice pink interior and excellent taste. I think it cooked better with the ribs in place and down like that. Looking at doing pizzas tonight with a new Super Peel I got as a gift. Will have to report how well that worked! The family made fun of me for posting the dinner online!
    ·