Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderlon - Brine and wrap with Bacon?

Options
bigguy136
bigguy136 Posts: 1,362

I have two pork tenderloins I'm going to cook for my parents. They loved my pork chops after I had them in a brine so I'm wondering if I should brine a whole tenderloin. I've also done a bacon wrapped pork loin and was thinking this could also be an option. Should I keep it simple and grill just the tenderloins? Soak in a brine for an hour? Wrap with bacon? 

Thanks everyone and have a great Christmas.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• GaryLange
    Options
    Place them in the Brine for 1-1/2 hours then wrap them in bacon, sprinkle with your favorite Pork Rub and put them on the Egg at about 275.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I never brine them. They are moist and great just plain (with rub only). Cook to 160. If you like them pink, go less.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    I like to trim them and cut them open and then pound flat. Then I stuff with cream cheese, basil, and finely diced red pepper. Apply seasoning to outside and wrap in bacon. Cherry chips give it a real nice smoke ring too.
    NW IOWA
  • Gogogordy
    Options
    I don't understand the purpose of brining pork youre going to cook and eat pretty much immediately. I only brine food (fish typically) which I plan on smoking and eating later (much later....weeks, months) Can someone please explain the rationale behind this?
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • bigguy136
    Options
    I've been brining the last few pork cooks after Mickey did some and looked great. I made a few pork chops and brought over to my parents and they couldn't believe how much better they were (they didn't know I did anything different). I did 4 pork tenderloins, brined for 1 hour and wrapped 2 with bacon and 2 without. No leftovers.image

Big Lake, Minnesota

• SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Watch the internal temp, the 160 is too high for me.  I pull pork tenderloins at about 140 internal--leaves just a little pink.
  • bigguy136
    Options

I wanted 140° but I was guessing the time spread between the bacon wrapped vs non bacon wrapped and guessed wrong causing me to leave the bacon wrapped on until the others were done. The bacon wrapped went to 148° and the non wrapped went to 140°. I wanted to pull all of them off at the same time as I still had a 1 hour drive after pulling.

As always, my parents loved them

:D

Big Lake, Minnesota