Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pioneer Woman ham ala Al

I love this ham. I start out with a 8 1/2 pound boneless Kentucky Legend ham. The first pic is of the ham after I cut in the crosshatch pattern. The egg settled in @ 300 dome so that's where I will leave it for awhile. The glaze is on the big white clock in the kitchen. Once it thickens a bit, I will glaze the ham about every 1/2 hour or so. I'll pull from egg around 140 and FTC with a little more glaze until dinner. Oh yeah, I used pecan wood for smoke. I'll post an after pic in a few hours.

All my life I have done bone in shank hams and never put anything on them. I still like ham done that way but decided to try something different this year for Thanksgiving and damn it was good. There is absolutely no waste (bone,fat, etc) with these Kentucky Legend hams. I also added a little maple bourbon to the glaze. Here is a link to the recipe .... http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/03/glazed-easter-ham/

Merry Christmas everyone.
Al

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments