Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What BBQ Gifts are You Getting/Giving?

Options
SteveWPBFL
SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
edited December 2013 in EggHead Forum
So far I have, in the bag, between my recent birthday and Christmas gifts trickling in two pepper popper stands, a wireless remote reading thermometer (grate and meat temps), and a pair of bear claws (how'd I EVER pull pork without THOSE!). 

For gifts I'm giving out BBQ, mainly big chunks of brisket or a pork roast. This has become 'tradition' here and as I've said a few times before has written me into several wills.

And with all the fam around I've stocked up on just about everything and will keep a platter full of BBQ from now until New Year's day.

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I told my mom I wanted the Amazing Smoker, keeping my fingers crossed.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    A friend and I are getting each other backlit thermapens. Probably give my parents my thermapen.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    A wok and accessories
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I mentioned an AR and a Sous Vide. Who knows though. I tend to be quite annoying to my wife with all the talk about "that dumb green thing".  :D
  • r2davis65
    Options
    Wife has bought me a large Egg and I treated myself to Thermoworks accessories.
  • 30yearegger
    Options
    Hoping to get a Stoker.
    Easley SC Go! Tigers
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options

I mentioned an AR and a Sous Vide. Who knows though. I tend to be quite annoying to my wife with all the talk about "that dumb green thing".  :D

Haha that is the same thing I hear from my wife.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    I believe I am getting the AR R&B combo, not sure if my wife caught the hint about the thermapen or not...we shall see. If not I guess I will just have to buy it for myself
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    I am cooking a brisket for our employees today, I put it on at 11 last night, internal temperature of 160º this morning at 6:30 still under 190º now but starting to feel nice and tender, hoping to have it off the egg at 11:30 and serving at 12:30.  It looks and smells fantastic just a little slower than I had hoped, last 9 pounder was done in under 11 hours this one looks to be going 12 1/2 +.  Good thing I am patient person.

Gerhard
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Not sure - I wanted a controller, smokeware vent cap, some good Cookbooks and cooking classes so in return I can GIVE better meals.

Garnerville, NY
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Same as every year.........charcoal for everyone.
  • dstrbd488
    Options
    The wife has ordered me a stoker and I saw some sort of cast iron handle sticking out of a bag
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    My parents brought this down for me, it counts as a BBQ related gift right?

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    LOL! I'm sorry, but I just had to comment. When I first got mine my wife was soon the same way. I would spend hours on here talking about cooks, equipment and sharing photos. She was annoyed and suspicous. Soon however she became enamored and hungry. Now she asks me when I am going to cook something on the egg. It will get better!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    giving my 8 year old niece her first chef knife set, small santouko, pairing knife, serrated knife, and sandwich knife and a cutting board the shape of newhampshire. thought of throwing knifes for the 6 year old but he is getting a swiss army :)) oh, and bandaides
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • itsmce
    itsmce Posts: 410
    Options
    It's a wireless remote thermometer for me, I hope! Have been surviving without it since I purchased the LBGE in July. Can't wait to unwrap it so I can put it to use to cook the Christmas dinner pork loin.
    Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    I asked for 2 smoke wear  stainless caps,a-maze-n-smoker and a Mini we will see what happens 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • tybeelucy2
    Options
    Husband is getting a half moon griddle, grill extender rack (?) thingy, bag of charcoal, new lighter clicker thingy, some new rubs
    LBGE- Atlanta, LBGE and SBGE- Ellijay, GA
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Got the Maverick 733 and ES432 thermometer (read many reviews stating this was just as solid as Thermapen) so far.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Husband is getting a half moon griddle, grill extender rack (?) thingy, bag of charcoal, new lighter clicker thingy, some new rubs

you are a good wife.  your husband is a lucky man
    :)>-
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • cali_egghead
    Options
    I'm getting a table for my large
  • flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    Options
    I hinted at an IQ120.... I sent the link to the order item screen from the website.... Box came from Pitmaster... Hmmmm
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • jenericzac
    Options
    I've been lucky this year. The wife let me have my gifts early. I received the high-que charcoal grate, and a new nomex gasket. A nest handler for my LBGE. 2 bamboo cutting boards to replace the slats on my aging eggmates, a smokeware chimney cap, a new cover, the ventilated embroidered one which is much larger and nicer than the older cover, a maverick 733 with the water resistant made in the USA probes, and a new pair of poultry shears. I must have been pretty good this year.
  • sstripes96
    Options
    Im getting an Amazen Smoker, a PS Woo3, some meat gloves, and a Stainless drip pan. I see smoked salmon, cheese, almonds, and jerky in the very near future.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Reasonably sure I'm getting a looftlighter. Not sure what it says about me that the only thing I really wanted for Christmas this year was something designed to start fires very efficiently.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Tackman
    Tackman Posts: 230
    Options
    Wife just bought me one of these. Wonder how many bags I can get in there?
    Cleveland, Ohio
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    @Tackman you win. End of thread lol
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Tackman said:
    Wife just bought me one of these. Wonder how many bags I can get in there?

SUPER FUN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WRX FTW
  • Kruegs
    Kruegs Posts: 128
    Options

Although I won't have it in time for Christmas, I ordered a custom handle from Danny.  Packer's logo with "GO PACK GO"

Can't wait to see it!

XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin