Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are your favorite tailgating cooks?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Being almost the middle of football season, I need some new ideas!!

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Cutlet,
    This is one we have cooked at a few Georgia games.
    Larry

[ul][li]Shrimp Stuffed Chicken Breast[/ul]
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Cutlet,
    Since I don't know what you have been cooking, I don't know what to offer. Maybe you have doing something I haven't. I've not even cooked ABT's this year yet. No penalty flags please.[p]Mike

• Salmon
    Salmon Posts: 146
    Options
    Picture134.jpg
    <p />Car Wash Mike,[p]Sorry Mike, just couldn't resist........[p]Rick
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Cutlet,
    Michael Chiarello made "spiedini". One of these days I'll get around to trying them: the recipe sure reads good.[p]Ken

[ul][li]Chiarello's Spiedini[/ul]
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Salmon,
    I knew after last weekend you were going to post that pic. Had fun with you Rick, little girl has to eat early that is why I got out quick.[p]Thanks,
    Mike

• bean town griller
    Options
    Cutlet,[p]I do a bean dip. Always works well for cold Pats games...
    Start with a disposable pie or square pan. Put down a layer of cream cheese (1 whole package). Add a thin layer of sour cream over that. Then a layer of refried beans (I do my own using Goya pinto beans, but canned will work fine too) or can use a chili (homemade or canned - hormel spicey works well) if you prefer. A layer of salsa (I prefer pace) and cover with a thick layer of sharp yellow cheddar. Add slices of fresh jalapeños (I generally put 3 on).[p]Wrap in tin foil for transport. When ready to eat place on grill (still completely wrapped in tin foil) and heat until cheese melts and dip is hot. If it’s cold we generally leave right on the grill and eat with corn chips this way. Or if warm where you are you can take off and serve on a table.[p]Sounds real simple but trust me tastes real good! Give it a whirl as it makes for a good starter.[p]bean town

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Cutlet,
    Sometimes I like to make a chili cheese dip. Its real simple...as you can see simple enoough for a chair-b-que! And it's something everyone likes and adds to something there is always a huge surplus of---CHIPS! ANother favorite for everyone is some taters with lots of cheese-in stuff.
    56727779_fc320221ce.jpg?v=0
    56727780_37a97aff7b.jpg?v=0

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    56727781_8aefa68dee.jpg?v=0
    <p />bean town griller,
    Here is an idea for your next tailgate!
    ST

• billyg
    billyg Posts: 315
    Options
    recently went to a Bears game with a friend (weason ticket holder) and tailgate parking ticket holder. I did the cooking. The menu was as follows: Scrambled eggs with a half of sweet onion stuffed with chirizo the whole thing drizzeled with a smoked pablano cream sauce. Next was brats and italian suasage parboiled in beer and done on the grill. Next was turkey legs. After the game was twice baked potatoes, grilled radicco lettuce and new york strip.

My friend does not have an egg for tailgating.
    The above menu was basically created on Sat for Sunday
    The only thing I made from scratch on Sunday was the eggs, lettuce and steak.
    The recipes came from Dr. BBQ's book. Nothing original on my part and his book should be the bible. The smoked turkey legs are a great treat. At first the guys didn't even want to try them and once they did it was all over.
    billyg
  • bean town griller
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]I am surprised the flask isn't bigger if you are a Jets fan? [p]Can't be easy for fans of other teams playing in the Pats division. I almost feel bad for you guys - naahhh, I don't...[p]Happy drinkin',
    bean town