Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So what are you making for Christmas (egged and non)

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Smoked 20 lbs of bb for folks to take home after visiting. 8 lb prime for Eve dinner with the fixings and a ton of apps for Christmas Day. We do a small family dinner the night before, a big breakfast after santa and finger food for anyone that wants to come over. I'm hoping the free pulled pork will scoot them out the door faster. I'll probably do the casseroles for breakfast in the oven...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple
    Smoked 20 lbs of bb for folks to take home after visiting. 8 lb prime for Eve dinner with the fixings and a ton of apps for Christmas Day. We do a small family dinner the night before, a big breakfast after santa and finger food for anyone that wants to come over. I'm hoping the free pulled pork will scoot them out the door faster. I'll probably do the casseroles for breakfast in the oven...
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Doing few racks of ribs tomorrow to take to the BIL's for Christmas Eve... Also, baking the potatoes for twice baked smoked Gouda potatoes that will go with the 3 rib Prime Rib Roast. Debating on removing the bones entirely or cutting and then tying...

Sides will be the potatoes, roasted sprouts, and some mushrooms done in red wine and butter...
  • hapster I would cook it with the bone and then cut it off the bone after the cook I feel that the bone give better flavor thats just my opinon 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Going to Egg a ham and s'mores.
  • Putting an 8 lb. butt on tonight (take THAT, 0 degrees!) and going to use it tomorrow to make pulled pork eggrolls.  When the butt comes off, gonna do some pig shots and bacon wrapped, goat cheese stuffed dates. Also gonna make a cheesy jalepe~no pull apart bread (non-Egged) All appetizers all the time tomorrow!

--------------------------------------
    30 miles west of Chicago, buried deep in the suburbs.

LBGE (May 2011), SBGE (June 2014) and a growing pile of accessories.

• Putting an 8 lb. butt on tonight (take THAT, 0 degrees!) and going to use it tomorrow to make pulled pork eggrolls.  When the butt comes off, gonna do some pig shots and bacon wrapped, goat cheese stuffed dates. Also gonna make a cheesy jalepe~no pull apart bread (non-Egged) All appetizers all the time tomorrow!

--------------------------------------
    30 miles west of Chicago, buried deep in the suburbs.

LBGE (May 2011), SBGE (June 2014) and a growing pile of accessories.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    For my part, I got a 5 lb pork loin from a butcher (home grown pig) and had them cut a pocket in it.  Soooo I'm going to attempt a apple stuffed loin.  Any suggestions would help.   I've never tried anything this big or anything people were counting on. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Doing a 3 rib prime rib tomorrow and a 16 rib crown roast Christmas. Can't wait...
    Dunedin, FL
  • henapple
    @Hapster. ...get one
    bucky925 said:

For my part, I got a 5 lb pork loin from a butcher (home grown pig) and had them cut a pocket in it.  Soooo I'm going to attempt a apple stuffed loin.  Any suggestions would help.   I've never tried anything this big or anything people were counting on. 

Did the butcher cut an area to fill or are you going to butterfly the loin?
  • Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    Lamb
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    Lamb
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• Doing a 5 lb reverse seared Prime Rib and frying a turkey.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I splurged this Christmas:  Spaghettios…. with Meatballs!!!    :-bd

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• henapple
    @Botch. ..you can come over here.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    The in-laws are caught up in the ice storm we just had so they have no power or heat so Christmas with the family in Toronto got moved to here.  So, this morning they brought all the food they had purchased for the dinner because they were worried it would go bad (don't ask why they didn't just put it outside where it's way colder than in the fridge...).
    Did a eye of round roast on the egg tonight, not the ideal cut and they like well done so I did my best to get it cooked through without drying it out too bad.  375 for an hour with smoke and then foiled it for another hour.  It was OK. 

Christmas Day going to try my first turkey on the egg.  May try to post pictures, likely won't remember.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Prime rib, Brussels sprouts on the egg. May do BB ribs on Friday
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    No Egging for me for Christmas.  Going to the in-laws for a few days.  Hopefully a ham Saturday from my return.  Thinking of a naked ham of sort.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Lobster and prawns. Ham steaks with pineapple Xmas day
    Lynnwood WA
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Grilled shrimp with a Jumbo Lump Crab appetizer for Christmas Eve. Turkey for Christmas. Prime Rib and Ham when the other kids get here Friday.
  • For christmas eve (well in about 16 hours give or take an hour or two) we are going to do pulled pork (8.7lb covered in french's and Pineapple Head from Dizzy Pig) served with sweet potato perogies and apples and onion accompaniments. 
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503

For christmas eve (well in about 16 hours give or take an hour or two) we are going to do pulled pork (8.7lb covered in french's and Pineapple Head from Dizzy Pig) served with sweet potato perogies and apples and onion accompaniments. 

Looking forward to the results of the Pineapplehead on the pork... Only have used it on fruit and veggies so far

• I use Pineapple Head every single time (except the one time I ran out and had to use Dizzy Dust on the other). Beyond awesome. It's sweeter with just a hint of a kick.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    edited December 2013
    My wife's family's tradition is to order pizza on Christmas Eve. Not any more! We're doing pizza on the egg tonight!! Ham tomorrow. (Egg too of course).
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Botch said:
    I splurged this Christmas:  Spaghettios…. with Meatballs!!!    :-bd
    It's Christmas. Go all out... Put shredded cheese on top.
    Decatur, AL
  • The wife and I host Christmas eve and day dinners. The eve is a smoked ham (local farmer), a whole filet (on the egg), easy peirogie, mashed potatoes, halupki, and pasta fagioli. A nice mix of my Italian and polish heritage. On Xmas day, we have another filet, ham, a capon, twice baked potatoes and cappaletti soup. My favorite time of the year!!
  • The wife and I host Christmas eve and day dinners. The eve is a smoked ham (local farmer), a whole filet (on the egg), easy peirogie, mashed potatoes, halupki, and pasta fagioli. A nice mix of my Italian and polish heritage. On Xmas day, we have another filet, ham, a capon, twice baked potatoes and cappaletti soup. My favorite time of the year!!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I just started dough for Christmas Eve pizza on the egg.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • krobertsmsn
    krobertsmsn Posts: 655
    edited December 2013
    @Tjcoley-pls explain the crab dish...I've got some and I'm trying to figure out what to do with mine...TIA

LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA