Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

8 pound beef tenderloin fillet

Options
Grillmagic
Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
I'm debating on cutting it and half versus cooking it whole, I plan on using EVOO and salt-and-pepper At 250 with the platesetter in Until it reaches 110°, Then pull the platesetter and take it to 550 to 600° Until 130 IT. One end is smaller than the other but not typically as small as most, I found a pretty thick one. Any thoughts?
Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE

Comments

• Charlesmaneri
    Options
    sounds like a perfect plan 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    Fold the smaller end back over and tie it, so it is more cylindrical.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Grillmagic
    Options
    It's not much smaller, I bought a thick one. I'm thinking if I cut it in half I can pull them as needed.

• Grillmagic
    Options

Any input on putting wood chunks on this cook? I have Cherry and Apple but not sure if I want any extra smoke.

Thanks,

Chuck

Dimondale Michigan

www.chuckkingcomedy.com

• Grillmagic
    edited December 2013
    Options

Well since I started this post I thought I should up date it, no pictures and a very simple cook. I did cut it in half (more like 60/40% with the 40% being the thicker end) I tied/trust the 60% smaller end up and EVOO and lots of Salt, Pepper and Garlic seasoning on both then plate setter in at 250 until 108 and 110 then pulled the plate setter and took it to 550/600 which took about 15 minutes then Seared all sides until 130 and 135 then tented and rest for 15 and they were Great. I have used this method several times and they have all come out great.