Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So what are you making for Christmas (egged and non)

Options
Doing smoked deviled eggs again, egrets ham, wife makes rolls.

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'm doing a pajama breakfast/brunch. I'm going to do a breakfast casserole and some other stuff.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Third Eyes dry cured smoked salmon for an appetizer.

Picked up a 2.5lb salmon filet last night and rubbed down with the cure. Air drying today and smoking it tomorrow morning.

It's a must for anyone who likes smoked fish

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1995/02/seafood-dry-cure-for-salmon-trout-or.html?m=1
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Just a naked ham. Gonna keep it simple

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Got a 16.5 pound brisket that I'm gonna put on tomorrow night for a 6pm Christmas dinner. Couple who's hosting has several eggs also. Know he's doing a roast but not sure what else. I'll be the guy in the corner eating the burnt ends.
  • radamo
    radamo Posts: 373
    Options
    Our menu consists of a full cold italian antipasto and a seafood salad for starters.  Then a 3 bone prime rib on the egg will be the center piece of the dinner.  Can't wait!!!
    Long Island, NY
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Christmas morning big breakfast inside with chocolate chip panchakes as my daughter says. Then a brisket for the in laws supper.

XLBGE 
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I'd like a recipe for the smoked deviled eggs, sounds good.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Nothing Christmas Day (going to my brothers).  Maybe on Sunday I will cook something.  I got a few things I want to try.

Garnerville, NY
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    Smoked deviled eggs are really easy. I just hard boiled eggs, threw on the egg with the Amaz-n smoker and some cherry pellets for 90 minutes, then Mae regular deviled eggs but put some dizzy dust on top
  • GaryLange
    Options
    Going to put two 8lb. Hams on indirect. One for Christmas and the other for later.
  • jls9595
    Options
    mmm, dizzy dust on deviled eggs sounds great.  so you put hard boiled eggs on the Egg, what temp?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Going to make a breakfast casserole and then a tradition, Lasagna!

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • s_austin_egger
    Options
    Bone in ribeye roast
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    nothing going to brothers house I was going to have everybody at my house but my brother Mr. difficult said he didn't want to come and flipped the invite  in front of SWMBO and she responded yeah we will come to his house I was planning on a 7 bone Prim Rib roast  so be it I will be at his house for shity  food and be miserable sometimes you have to eat **** and smile to keep peace in the family 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    Peel the hard boiled eggs first, this is a cold smoke so no temp, just smoke
  • jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    Options
    20lbs of pork shoulder yesterday, 10lb pork loin roast tonight (on the Egg now), & 10lb standing rib roast tomorrow. Its gonna be a busy Christmas!
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    Options
    We do a pseudo Feast of the Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve.  I say pseudo because it's not a lot of cooking, it's kind of like a seafood tower with brandade de morue and sometimes stuffed or steamed clams.  It's not that we are trying to stick to tradition without expending too much energy - we just like chilled seafood and its fun to have it be casual.  Dinner at my sister in laws is usually pretty a formal roast beef etc so it's a fun contrast.  Breakfast is all donuts, breads, pastry and candy canes... let the kids go nuts!
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,654
    Options
    @charlesmaneri. Don't sugar coat it brother. Tell us how you really feel.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,654
    Options
    I'm doing another ham.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• jls9595
    Options
    nothing going to brothers house I was going to have everybody at my house but my brother Mr. difficult said he didn't want to come and flipped the invite  in front of SWMBO and she responded yeah we will come to his house I was planning on a 7 bone Prim Rib roast  so be it I will be at his house for shity  food and be miserable sometimes you have to eat **** and smile to keep peace in the family 

yep, life my man.  its worth it, just make you appreciate yout Egged food that much more.  
    Peel the hard boiled eggs first, this is a cold smoke so no temp, just smoke

I don't know how to do that.  I guess you have some way to cold smoke other than just an Egg?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    Yes it is a product called the Amaz-n smoker, a few guys on here have it.
  • jls9595
    Options
    I looked it up on amazon, it looked like something you put in your egg.  How do you get no heat?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • SouthernSmoke
    Options
    Sounds like some really good cooks going on this week!  My only cook is for brunch tomorrow and is an 8 lb herb crusted standing rib roast.  Low and slow at 200-225f until IT around 115f.  Gonna pull and rest while I crank up the temp and do a reverse sear until it reaches an IT of around 225-230f. Just hope I can time it to within 30 minutes or so til chow time!  Will it be too early for drinks while cooking??
    Hunter - LBGE
    Oxford, MS
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    SouthernSmoke  are you sure IT of 225-230 that sounds very hi I would think at that temp the meat will be ruined almost like charcole 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    SouthernSmoke  are you sure IT of 225-230 that sounds very hi I would think at that temp the meat will be ruined almost like charcole 
    Long Island N.Y.
  • jls9595
    Options
    he probably meant 125-130
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • SouthernSmoke
    Options
    Haha definitely meant 125-130... @Charlesmaneri
    Hunter - LBGE
    Oxford, MS
  • SouthernSmoke
    SouthernSmoke Posts: 43
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hunter - LBGE
    Oxford, MS
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    Beef Wellington on the egg. This is my first ever attempt. For the price of the tenderloin I hope I don't F it up.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Boileregger
    Options
    We mix traditions from our families. My mom is Italian and used to make ravioli from scratch filled with ground beef, pork, veal, and spinach every Christmas Eve. I'm not that talented and don't have that kind of time so I'm making hot and sweet Italian sausage in a tomato cream sauce with penne.

We went over to my grandparents' for brunch on Christmas Day and then just ate junk food that evening like mozzarella sticks, wings, and pizza rolls. My wife's family just did a ham on Christmas Day. So for the big day I'll make some French toast for breakfast and then will be egging a spiral sliced ham for dinner and my wife will be making twice baked potatoes.

I also have two bottles of champagne for mimosas and bought two big bottles of CC today so hopefully we will remain in the "holiday spirit" for the full time.