Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Post your Elfster Rub/Sauce Exchange Gifts here!!!!

Comments

• dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    edited December 2013
    Appreciate all the shout outs guys!  I enjoyed doing this little Christmas exchange and I hope all of you did too.

Here is my gift from my elf, @Brianj5685

My and Brian are from the same general area (the dirty, dirty South) but he still managed to send me stuff that I can't get in my local markets.

Thank you very much Brian for the goodies and the note.  Merry Christmas!

photo IMG_20131221_110304_zps5ce66d89.jpg
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • @dweebs0r you're welcome man, Enjoy!
    "Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

I just received the gift from my Elfster. Great rubs, sauces and to my surprise a few marinades. This coming from central California, I will enjoy all of these. I have only had Tri Tip once. I believe it was Hornhonk who prepared it at the Salado Eggfest. Now I will enjoy it at the house with the great rubs you have sent.

Thank you greatly for  your gift. And of course for the Pistachios.

Merry Christmas

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    edited December 2013
    @brianj5685 +1 for wickles brand stuff. I've never had the wickled okra, but I'm sure it's wickedly awesome.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

500 Posts: 3,177

It was supposed to deliver yesterday. USPS tracking says it's still in Canada, Canada Post says it left Canada on the 13th

Maybe US Customs stopped this Elf making the delivery at the border and is holding him for questioning.

I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • dweebs0r
    @dweebs0r you're welcome man, Enjoy!
    Made chicken last night and both BBQ sauces were a big hit.  The white sauce was like a peppery/ vinegary ranch.  Really good stuff.  I preferred the red sauce.  One of the best BBQ sauces I have used in a long time.  Thanks again.  I'm going to try and get more of this stuff on Amazon.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    edited December 2013
    @Little Steven, I still don't have the package. Maybe pancakes need some maple syrup. The tracking hasn't changed since the 15th.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    So who's left? I don't have mine and I am sure my elf doesn't have his either yet. 500 awaits patiently. Everyone else have theirs? Just curious.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Hotch
    What's up with Canadian customs? How long does it take?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • gmac
    No idea. Tracking just says its been handed off to Canada Post but its said that since the 19th. I'm not worried. You did address it in both French and English right?
  • Hotch

That's a negative ghost rider...

Should I have sent a translation guide?

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    I worked in Toronto for a year and never had any postal issues from the states.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • @Hotch, that is an awesome package. I grew up in the central valley and Pappy's is DAMN good. I'd put that stuff on anything. I have to track some down here in SD.

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • I am still waiting but am told mine is coming from Canada too.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Hotch

I can't wait to use it.

I also have heard great reviews about the miners mixes.

We will empty all of these.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • My elf hasn't posted he recieved it. I sent it late though.
    Flint, Michigan
  • gmac
    It just arrived. Literally 5 mins ago the post man came to my door. He always comes in the morning so I thought today was a bust.
    What an awesome load of Texas rubs. Can't wait to make the chili and I promise no beans! I really want to try the mesquite rub on some beef ribs I'm planning for Boxing Day.
    Thanks so much Hotch. So glad it finally came and I can't wait to try it all.
  • Hotch

My favorite is "Hell from Texas"

My buddy Al puts the heat in it.

Enjoy and

Merry Christmas

:)>-
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    man, wish I had gotten in on this
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • gmac

I am still waiting but am told mine is coming from Canada too.

Plus yours might have some beer in it so I'm sure your elf is hoping that doesn't cause border issues. But of course I'm just guessing.
  • Just got home to a package of goodies! Thanks @gmac ! I am looking forward to a cold one here in a few minutes. I guess if there is a plus side to the cold temps here in Indiana right now it's that beer arrives cold. I am looking forward to all of the goodies. Especially the homemade Indian spice rub mix. It was hard to stage it to get everything to show up. This is my best attempt. Thanks again Graham!
    Columbus IN
  • That's awesome @Egghead_Daron, good score there. @gmac do you store all your home made rub in 50ml conical tubes? Because that would be awesome! What do you do for a living? 

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • @Egghead_Daron that looks like a nice haul but I don't see any beer in the photo 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Big thanks to @letz4wheel! I love Head Country, but have never tried the rub. I can't wait to try the local Moonlight sauce, and loveless cafe stuff! I really appreciate it! Merry Christmas.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• good call @Charlesmaneri I took one picture and then refrigerated the beer. I didn't like the pic so I took another and posted it. Here is including the beer.
    Columbus IN
  • dweebs0r
    Still waiting for my elf, @SWVABeanCounter to post confirmation that he got his stuff.  Tracking says its been delivered but I would really like to know since it said it was dropped off at a counter.
    So, Jim if you are reading this, let me know you got your stuff!

Can people let me know if they dont have an elf delivery?  I want to make sure everyone is happy.
  • Thanks to BGE123 for my awesome box! Got it last week but been busy.
    Beaufort, SC
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    I'm Happy,Happy,Happy...
    Lynnwood WA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

Big thanks to @letz4wheel! I love Head Country, but have never tried the rub. I can't wait to try the local Moonlight sauce, and loveless cafe stuff! I really appreciate it! Merry Christmas.

I see loveless peach rub..dude, put that on some chicken tonight. The HC stuff is awesome. Spare ribs, cut into St Louis....HC on them.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • gmac
    Just got home to a package of goodies! Thanks @gmac ! I am looking forward to a cold one here in a few minutes. I guess if there is a plus side to the cold temps here in Indiana right now it's that beer arrives cold. I am looking forward to all of the goodies. Especially the homemade Indian spice rub mix. It was hard to stage it to get everything to show up. This is my best attempt. Thanks again Graham!
    Glad it got there.  I admit, I was uncertain if sending beer would be an issue.  Like I said, not sure if you guys ever have Caesar's or not, seems to be a hit or miss thing in the US but I decided not to send a bottle of vodka...sorry.  
    Let me know if you liked the beer.
    Enjoy.