Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grill extenders

Options
Which set up is the most useful.
Easley SC Go! Tigers

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Adjustable Rig is the most versatile.
  • Kortneys
    Kortneys Posts: 26
    edited December 2013
    Options
    @30yearegger I just bought the R&B Combo with oval stone and extenders two weeks ago.  So far I love it and its versatility as @eggcelsior says.  My only complaint though is this: Yesterday I did a batch of wings and due to the oval shape of the grid, along with the oval shape of the stone, there's about a 2" gap on BOTH sides of the rig where small meat pieces (ie: wings) can fall through down to the fire. I haven't tried a workaround yet, but next time I'm going to see if my original grid that came with my Egg will fit underneath the rig to keep this from happening.  

Hope this helps!
    Indianapolis, Indiana.  Go Colts & Hoosiers!
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I have the swing grate. I love it but I think I would trade it for an AR
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    There are times when you want distance. Call Tom and he will get you the setup you need. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.