Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Christmas Prime Rib with the Outlaws

Love when the inlaws come to visit so for our Christmas weekend we were going to have prime rib, twice baked potatos, green bean casserole, corn, stawberry pretzel dessert and chocolate cake with carmel frosting. Prime rib was 14.2 pounds with 2inch lip from Sams at 7.98 per pound. After trimming the hard fat and other stuff off we had just over 10.5 pounds. Tied it up and dusted with a blend of chicago steak seasoning that I ground up finer in my spice grinder after wet aging in the fridge for 10 days.

Onto the 225 degree egg with a bottle of red wine in a drip pan @ 2:00pm

After it reached 120 degrees in the middle @ 6:30 pulled and brought inside to rest for half hour while got the egg switched to direct at 500 degrees.

Put back on and seared about 3 minutes a side to crust up the outside. Rub got a little dark but had a really nice flavor and char grill taste. Beautiful at 131 degrees.

Dipped a few peoples slice into some simmering AuJus as they like it a little more done than the rest of us.

Side shot, left it a tad longer on one side as I was trying to locate my pan. :(

Plated up with all the fixins.

Really had a nice visit and it is always amazing how fast the time goes. Hope everyone as a wonderful Christmas!

NW Iowa

Comments