Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chili with Breadbowls (pics)

First go at this on the egg. Setup is a 16" cast iron Dutch oven sitting on stone on spider. Top level of AR with baking stone. 1/2 cup water poured on top of Dutch oven prior to adding bread. image
XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
image.jpg 671.1K
·

Comments

• gmacgmac Posts: 516
    Should have the chili in the Dutch oven to make it a total one-stop cook :)
    Can't wait to see the final result.
    Mt Elgin Ontario
    ·
  • KruegsKruegs Posts: 124
    The venison chili is in the Dutch oven. Pics to come I just can't get at it now.
    ·
  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 510
    I am digging this idea! Thanks for posting!
    LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013
    ·
  • gmacgmac Posts: 516
    Kruegs said:
    The venison chili is in the Dutch oven. Pics to come I just can't get at it now.

I mis-read. Thought you put water in the DO. Re-read to see you put it on, not in. Makes sense to me now.
    Mt Elgin Ontario
    ·
    More pictures
    image.jpg 1.7M
    image.jpg 1.4M
    ·
    Only picture I have showing chili on the egg.
    image.jpg 753.7K
    ·
    I didn't get much color on my bread. Should I have just left it on longer? I had it really high in the dome...would they make a difference?
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,592
    Looks great, and I like that setup.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·