Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Adjustable rig questions

Been looking @ the XL Woo2 Adjustable Rig Combo over at TheCeramicGrillStore for my XL BGE. It can be upgraded at checkout with an additional 20" ss grid and also some type of slider and crossbar thingy. Are these two items something you guys would suggest getting with the AR Combo? Just curious.
My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
·

Comments

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,400
    Yes get it.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,768
    Yes.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • mimaulermimauler Posts: 119
    Yes
    ·
  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 510
    edited December 2013
    The 20" grid at a minimum. That will give you the ability to cook three levels at once.
    LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013
    ·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 975
    edited December 2013
    I'll be the first, not the last to say you should call the store, very helpful. Tell him what you cook, and he'll recommend what you need, without needless up sell. Great company, and on the forum, @tgv.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • I'll be the first, not the last to say you should call the store, very helpful. Tell him what you cook, and he'll recommend what you need, without needless up sell. Great company, and on the forum, @tgv.
    + infinity and beyond.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
    I think his handle is @tjv
    ·
  • Thx @jtippers.
    ·
  • Are those of you who bought the AR's getting any use out of your BGE plate setters after making your AR purchase? Seems like my BGE plate setter would prolly get tossed to the side and never used again.
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
    ·
  • I'll admit that I use the platesetter pretty rarely since I got the rig but it does still come into play every now and then when baking mostly. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
    I gave mine away...
    ·
  • I got the AR R&B combo instead of the platesetter.  The AR only leaves my egg if I'm searing on the spider.
    ·