Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Duck Dynasty protest in support of Phil

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Why is this news? Who the hell cares about some crap a guy said on a cable channel?
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Like everything on the inter-webs, everything on a cable channel is real, believable and always a complete representation of the truth, kinda like Parliament or Congress.....Geez 'Celsior..... :))
    Cool link Tj, never seen that one. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Loosemoose
    Options

Why is this news? Who the hell cares about some crap a guy said on a cable channel?

To me the importance of this is he is being persecuted for his opinion.

Free speech is allowed here in Amerika as long as its inline with the small loudmouth liberal groups.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I usually stay away from the political stuff on this forum, but this is not a free speech issue. A&E are a private company and perfectly capable of dealing with this however they see fit. Nobody's rights are being infringed. This is completely independent of what I think of his point of view.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    I won't comment on this in this forumn
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Tjcoley
    Options
    Didn't mean to get political.  I just thought the article was funny.  For those who didn't get the satire, check the masthead of the paper - the 2nd most unreliable news source in Arkansas. 
    Options
    The article is pretty funny.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options

To me the importance of this is he is being persecuted for his opinion.

Free speech is allowed here in Amerika as long as its inline with the small loudmouth liberal groups.
    No one violated his free speech. Only the state(the government) can do that, which is why it's a protected right.

He ran his mouth about a decisive issue and was suspended by his employer. I must have missed where A&E was a government entity as opposed to a private entity. This is a tempest in a teapot and nothing more.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @Tjcoley. ..This is not directed at you.

Can we please not discuss this on here? It'll just cause divisions and start a **** storm. If we're gonna argue, let's fight over why spatchcock chicken is no better than beer butt chicken or why turbo cooks suck. Nobody loves a forum throw down more than me but let's keep it on why @Mickey is wrong about the mini or how the Travis method is a hoax.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Tjcoley said:

Didn't mean to get political.  I just thought the article was funny.  For those who didn't get the satire, check the masthead of the paper - the 2nd most unreliable news source in Arkansas. 

You didn't get political. I personally couldn't care less what he said. It's the reaction to it that is funny.

Sorry to seem reactionary. I missed the upside down state silhouette and humor.

Carry on.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    henapple said:
    @Tjcoley. ..This is not directed at you. Can we please not discuss this on here? It'll just cause divisions and start a **** storm. If we're gonna argue, let's fight over why spatchcock chicken is no better than beer butt chicken or why turbo cooks suck. Nobody loves a forum throw down more than me but let's keep it on why @Mickey is wrong about the mini or how the Travis method is a hoax.

You suck and Travis said so as well. Now Travis said he will not come to Salado.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I agree with Henapple, I've left too many forums because political discussions ripped the place apart; would hate to see that happen here too.   :(

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

henapple said:
    @Tjcoley. ..This is not directed at you. Can we please not discuss this on here? It'll just cause divisions and start a **** storm. If we're gonna argue, let's fight over why spatchcock chicken is no better than beer butt chicken or why turbo cooks suck. Nobody loves a forum throw down more than me but let's keep it on why @Mickey is wrong about the mini or how the Travis method is a hoax.
    I think the Travis Method Turbo Beer Butt Chicken on anything but the mini is the way to go!
    Flint, Michigan
  • travisstrick
    Options
    I've got 4 fingers of makers 46, a 2" bone in ribeye and steely dan playing on the radio. I could care less about that crap.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • henapple
    Options
    You're too young for Steely. ..and for heaven's sake please change your avatar. ..it's creepy.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I've got 4 fingers of makers 46, a 2" bone in ribeye and steely dan playing on the radio. I could care less about that crap.
    hmm, I have never really given Steely Dan a "good" listen.  I like it, before my time but good stuff. What's your favorite track? I've got "Do It Again" on the headphones right now.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    NO ONE is too young for Steely!   :-t

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options

Doing some Sailor Jerry rocks with an occasional shot of Jäger Spice. Acting my age; no. Having fun knowing I'm on vaca? Yep!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

This is the day of the expanding man
  • Tjcoley
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    hmm, I have never really given Steely Dan a "good" listen.  I like it, before my time but good stuff. What's your favorite track? I've got "Do It Again" on the headphones right now.
    Deacon Blues, Rikki Don't lose That Number, Hey Nineteen, Kid Charlemagne
    Options
    Oh yeah, I'm about to break out the Wild Turkey as well :D  I love Christmas break!
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • mickstephen
    Options
    I still think "Aja" may be one of only a handful of perfect albums ever made.
  • travisstrick
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    Aja is by far the best album and "I've got the news" is the best track. Play as loud as you can when Michael McDonald makes his cameo. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • henapple
    Options
    Slow smoking 2 chickens, Woodford, and Oliva Master Bkend. Why slow cooking? Woodford and Oliva.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    I'm just slow smoken & loaded like a rat with Jimi Hendrix on & drinkin Bud.. 8-}

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    The best part is A&E is gonna have to either lose the show or unsuspend him. They didn't count on the fact that the crew made 40 million last year without the show through their business and that the crew actually has more power than the network.
  • jls9595
    Options
    henapple said:
    Slow smoking 2 chickens, Woodford, and Oliva Master Bkend. Why slow cooking? Woodford and Oliva.
    Woodford is the stuff, ran out last weekend :((
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Loosemoose
    Options
    Sometimes it's hard to see the Forrest for the trees.

Good call henapple.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    henapple said:

You're too young for Steely. ..and for heaven's sake please change your avatar. ..it's creepy.

http://youtu.be/s7V5-O8Zk2k

Too old!?! Bill Cosby m-effers!
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    jls9595 said:

henapple said:

Woodford is the stuff, ran out last weekend :((

Get ur ass to the store! Got one here I haven't even uncorked.