Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

buying myself xmas gifts

Well I been buying gifts like shun knives, a nice fork, a plate setter , and a inferred red thermometer  that I'm wrapping up and sticking under the tree in the back. They say to me from my wife on the card. Little does she know that she bought this gifts for me. :). Except I paid for them LOL
It will be a " Thanks honey ! It is what I always wanted !!!  Now don't touch my knives! "
Jefferson .GA.  
Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg

Comments

• flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    I had a big box delivered from the Ceramic Grill Store this week.  Santa is going to be very good to me this year!
    Milton, GA.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Ordered a HD 3D ready projector last night. Can't wait to play Mario kart with a 10' screen on the garage door.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    I must confess-I was lucky enough to be able to recently buy a bottle of Van Winkle's 20 year old bourbon (not from the heist) at retail and gifted it to myself.  I doubt I will ever spend that many $$ on any liquid again.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Van Winkle!!! If you don't mind me asking - how much $ does that put you back?
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NDG said:

Van Winkle!!! If you don't mind me asking - how much $ does that put you back?

Sounds like Cousin Eddie in Christmas Vacation
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Santa brought me a Chef's Choice slicer, and a Harrington's ham to dismember on it!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch said:
    Santa brought me a Chef's Choice slicer, and a Harrington's ham to dismember on it!  
    You will love that slicer!!!
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • Lit
    I got a bottle of 12yr pappy and it was $75. The people in front of me got the last bottle of 15yr and it was $89. The place had 2 bottles of 23 and 5-10 bottles of 20yr but I didn't see the price on those. I saw the bottles of 20yr on Craigslist for $400 and up.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    Friggin marketeers-I can remember (no more than 5-6 years ago) when you could usually find the Van Winkle 12 year old on the shelf and the 15 was available about 6-9 months of the year.  No more-
    And the 12 year old has moved in retail pricing from $50 to 60-75/bottle in the store.  
    The chance I had was at my local store who decided to do a raffle-the 23's (3 of them) were sold for $400 (price included a charity contribution of $100 due to the expected after market sales).  The 20's were $130.  I will crack it open on Dec 27th-and likely finish it in 2015
    :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Lit
    Man that's self control. I'm just hoping I can save a drink for new years.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    So far:

Kitchenaid Meat Grinder attachment for mixer
    Ceramic mortar and pestle
    PVW 20 yr

And as soon as the holidays are over, going to order a bunch of lump to be delivered to the house.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776

A friend's wife asked me to pick up something he could use for his XL.  Her directive was to "buy him everything you have."  Yahoo!!!  Shopping at the Ceramic Grill Store.  Bought him all sorts of good stuff, but I couldn't resist picking up an AR for me.  I even opened it before Christmas, and will break it in easy tonight searing some Ahi, and then tomorrow will be ribs to try out some of the new rubs and sauces from the exchange.  Oh, but now I have equipment he doesn't again.  Life can be sooooo cruel.   

Santa Paula, CA
  • I ordered a table for my medium from JS Design.  It may be delivered after Christmas, but that's OK.  We had another 6" of snow last night on top of the 4" we got earlier last week.  Iowa has excellent meat available, but this weather has me considering a move further South after the wife retires.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • New backlit Thermapen and 5 bags of Rockwood lump. :))
    Alan in LA (Lower Alabama that is)
    "If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before!" 
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Three 22 gallon Brewhemoth fermenters just arrived.  Just need to get the appropriate valves and then I will be taking my brewing obsession to the next, but probably not last, level.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Alphonse said:
    New backlit Thermapen and 5 bags of Rockwood lump. :))

Speaking of Thermapen ... who currently has the best deals on them at the moment?
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • New chamber sealer..new infrared thermometer...Zeti cooler. My mini last month was SUPPOSED to be my Christmas. I knew that wouldn't last long .... :))

;;)
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • Alphonse
    Alphonse Posts: 80
    edited December 2013

Alphonse said:

New backlit Thermapen and 5 bags of Rockwood lump. :))

Speaking of Thermapen ... who currently has the best deals on them at the moment?

Bought two from direct from ThermoWorks and got discount. One for my son and one for me.
    Alan in LA (Lower Alabama that is)
    "If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before!" 
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Ordered myself a home brewers kit to get myself started with the obsession. Perhaps one day in the not too distant future I'll be moving up to @gmac level.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • cajunrph
    cajunrph Posts: 162
    I also had a big box come in from The Ceramic Grill store. But I'm not putting it under the tree, I already used it saturday for ribs and sides. 
    LBGE, Weber Grills, Silverback Pellet grill, PBC. No I don't have a grill issue. 

LBC, Texas 

• gmac said:
    Three 22 gallon Brewhemoth fermenters just arrived.  Just need to get the appropriate valves and then I will be taking my brewing obsession to the next, but probably not last, level.
    That is some serious brewing equipment. Makes sense though, the 5 gallon stuff doesn't make enough to justify the time spent sometimes.
    Vision Classic 9/2013 - Newbie   Pearland TX (Got Humidity?)
  • We need some steak knives. I was figuring they didn't need to be great as a good piece of meat shouldn't need a cleaver to cut it after cooking. But I have Henkel's some other good knives, so I'm asking what types should I look at?

As far as buying gifts for myself for my kamado, well, I have not done that except for a Weber chimney starter, CGS spider. I have asked for a wireless grill thermometer setup, that is wicked cool. Come on santa!!
    Vision Classic 9/2013 - Newbie   Pearland TX (Got Humidity?)
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Dirkdaddy said:
    gmac said:
    That is some serious brewing equipment. Makes sense though, the 5 gallon stuff doesn't make enough to justify the time spent sometimes.
    I haven't really done 5 gal batches for a while now. Minimum 10 gals because as you said, it's a lot of effort. I now buy grain 300 lbs at a time and I'm getting a dedicated gas line put in my garage to run my boil kettle. But every time I up one thing, I just run into another issue. Now I'm going to need more kegs for storage and I'm scanning the Internet for a used canner. It's a dangerous obsession to get into. Wish I'd starting egging first. Way cheaper! I could have a half dozen XL eggs for what I've spent so far and I can't even legally sell my beer. I'd have a better chance selling pulled pork out of my garage than ever getting a brewery licence. Of course, I may trade the odd glass for services rendered....
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • cajunrph
    cajunrph Posts: 162
    I have a wireless grill thermometer also from me to me. Haven't used that one yet. 

LBGE, Weber Grills, Silverback Pellet grill, PBC. No I don't have a grill issue. 

LBC, Texas