Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The deal of a lifetime...??? Yup, another one!

So, SWMBO logs into Facebook this afternoon and sees an ad from my Egg vendor who is also a trike shop advertising everything 30% off excluding trikes and labor services. Being the great woman that she is, she looks at me and says "this would be a great time to get the XL Egg you have been wanting"! Needless to say, at first I was like :D :x , then after I recover, I jump in the car immediately to run to the store before she changes her mind...  <:-P

When I get there, I talk to the sales guy who doesn't know about the 30% off sale. I show him the post from Facebook on my phone and he says he'll be right back. Come to find out, the post was made by someone who didn't know to exclude BGE items from the sale list. Even though they weren't under any obligation to sell me the egg at a discounted rate, the owner offered to sell me the Egg at his cost + tax. I eagerly jumped at the deal and made out like a bandit! Now, I get to modify my forum signature to include another Egg!

Christmas came early at my house and Santa brought an XL BGE!
LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013
·

Comments

• Merry Christmas to you! Awesome!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
    ·
  • Congrats.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 5,448
    Nice! Congrats on a great deal.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA
    XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
    ·
  • Shoulda done what the dude did with the mislabeled Cowboy Lump @ Lowes .... and bought every Egg they had in stock. :))
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,427
    I hope the poor guy that posted the add didn't get fired so you could get your XL egg. Right at Christmas time too you should be ashamed of yourself and feel horrible every time you fire it up. Congrats on the XL what did he end up giving it to you for?
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,244
    Lit said:

I hope the poor guy that posted the add didn't get fired so you could get your XL egg. Right at Christmas time too you should be ashamed of yourself and feel horrible every time you fire it up. Congrats on the XL what did he end up giving it to you for?

·
  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 509
    @rickybobby - trust me, I thought about it... :)

·
  • jhl192jhl192 Posts: 788
    Now you can let the BIG DAWGs eat!! !!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE 
    ·
  • MayberryMayberry Posts: 455
    Jtippers...what store in North GA? Just curious
    Athens, GA
    ·
    It looks like they updated their Facebook add. Theres a comment that reads this offer also excludes the big green egg.
    ·
  • warwomanwarwoman Posts: 205

You did right! You didn't hesitate to jump on it. You struck while the iron was hot.Had you not attempted it, you would have regretted it for a very long time, IMO! Way to go.

Also curious.....what store?

From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
    ·
    Just google trike big green egg Georgia.
    ·
    It came from R&R Trike Shop. They made a mistake and stood by it when they really didn't have to. These guys are really stand up folks. I would recommend them to anyone. In fact, I have purchased all four of my Eggs from them. Can't say enough good things about them.
    ·
  • That is awesome! Merry Christmas
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    @jhl192 Rookie of the Year quote? Nice.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • Well done.  Capitolism and the market economy at their best!  The next time that vendor places an ad, he'll proofread it more carefully.  Lesson learned.

·
  • Nice score.  And it's great you didn't stick it too him.  What goes around comes around.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • Im dying here... how much.....?
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • Congratulations, nice score!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • :D
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
    ·
    Thanks folks... now, I'm afraid I have to build a table to house these bad boys....
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,449
    See, you think you got a great deal, but actually you are about to start hemorrhaging $$$. Table, eggcessories, meat, patio extension, new house to go with the eggs...

Just kidding. Merry Christmas!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    caliking said:
    See, you think you got a great deal, but actually you are about to start hemorrhaging $$$. Table, eggcessories, meat, patio extension, new house to go with the eggs... Just kidding. Merry Christmas!
    @caliking - lol, no kidding... I think all I will need extra is the AR and a table. Everything else I have should be compatible with the XL.
    ·
  • Nice catch by SWMBO, give her an extra hug and thank you. Maybe some flowers are in order....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·