Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.


In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Post your Elfster Rub/Sauce Exchange Gifts here!!!!

1356

Comments

  • Steve's the authority of strange words with "U"s in them.

    ........................................................................................

    Bedrock

  • 500500 Posts: 2,275
    Take off!  I know what a tuke, tuque, or toque is.  Bob and Doug McKenzie taught me lots about Canada.  Tis the season.  Let's have a Christmas song; 

    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
  • You're welcome double.  Glad they all made it intact.  Merry Christmas.

    Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

    LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

  • Got my elfster package on Tuesday.  Big thank you to plumbfir01 for the pepper oil, grill honey, rib rub and smoked onion/garlic sea salt.
  • RLeeper said:

    You really did your homework! Thanks for the tips...I can't wait to use them. I have been looking forward to trying John Henry's also!

    @Rleeper Just spoke with the shop owner, there was a brief back order, but it's now resolved. JH on it's way to you tomorrow! 

    Cheers -
    B_B

    Finally back in the Badger State!

    Middleton, WI
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    RLeeper said:

    You really did your homework! Thanks for the tips...I can't wait to use them. I have been looking forward to trying John Henry's also!

    @Rleeper Just spoke with the shop owner, there was a brief back order, but it's now resolved. JH on it's way to you tomorrow! 

    Cheers -
    B_B


    Awesome! Thanks for the follow up!!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Gooey1Gooey1 Posts: 96
    @morgaj1 Just got my package today. All I can say is awesome. I don't know what to make first. You can bet that the hot sauce isn't going to last long! Not only was I excited to get all these great rubs and sauces by my kids loved the bubble wrap and the box that is now been transformed into a colourful plane in my living room.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes............. Well, he eats you"
  • Gooey1 said:
    @morgaj1 Just got my package today. All I can say is awesome. I don't know what to make first. You can bet that the hot sauce isn't going to last long! Not only was I excited to get all these great rubs and sauces by my kids loved the bubble wrap and the box that is now been transformed into a colourful plane in my living room.

    I'm glad you like it.  I wasn't sure what to get, so I got you a bit of everything.

  • henapple, We received your package today.  Everything traveled just fine.  Thank you so much for all the nice goodies. Looking forward to trying them out, probably will start with the peach-b-q rub. The apron was a nice bonus. I'm sure the Moon Pie's will be gone before we go to bed.  Never had one before. Thanks again and have a  happy holiday. 
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    edited December 2013
    Well done on the moonpies @henapple! I'll pop open an RC Cola tomorrow to celebrate.

    Ball Ground, GA

    ATL Sports Homer

     

  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,581
    @selmarichard. ..hope you like it. I've never tried the chicken shake but love their stuff. Loveless is a Nashville institution and they serve great food. Unbelievable biscuits and jams. I like to heat my moonpie and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

    @Chris_Wang. ..yes, I'm old enough to remember going to the little country store and getting a mp and rc. ..or maybe a Goo-Goo cluster. My wife still makes fun of me for loving those thick cut bologna sandwiches from those little stores.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,801
    henapple said:
    @selmarichard. ..hope you like it. I've never tried the chicken shake but love their stuff. Loveless is a Nashville institution and they serve great food. Unbelievable biscuits and jams. I like to heat my moonpie and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. @Chris_Wang. ..yes, I'm old enough to remember going to the little country store and getting a mp and rc. ..or maybe a Goo-Goo cluster. My wife still makes fun of me for loving those thick cut bologna sandwiches from those little stores.

    Salted Peanuts in a Coke ( bottled, can not so good).
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

  • tksmoketksmoke Posts: 771
    Rolltidesmoker - thanks so much for the great assortment and background info. I can't wait to try all of it, and try my hand at baking some biscuits!! Ribs with the Dreamland sauce are on the menu for this weekend. The GFU and I will be savoring the habanero sauce. Great packaging job, btw. Merry Christmas and thanks again.
    Santa Paula, CA
  •  

     

    Got home to a very heavy package tonight. All I can say is wow! Thank you Stoogie! Way above and beyond!

    photo 002-16.jpg

    photo 005-12.jpgphoto 007-7.jpg

    photo 008-9.jpg

    photo 009-9.jpg

    Steve 

    Caledon, ON

     

  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 512
    Way to go Stooge! Congrats LS!
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July
    Location: Jasper, Georgia

  • Way heavy on stuff. I'm glad the pitiful package I sent didn't go to him.

    Steve 

    Caledon, ON

     

  • 500500 Posts: 2,275
    Wow. Lots better than the Man-aase I sent. I thought we had a price limit. Puts me to shame. Steven, I think your package will be wonderful.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
  • It was supposed to deliver yesterday. USPS tracking says it's still in Canada, Canada Post says it left Canada on the 13th

    Steve 

    Caledon, ON

     

  • 500500 Posts: 2,275
    It's a package with no country. Maybe it's on the Niagara River, headed toward the Falls.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
  • Not much in it. It will float for a while

    Steve 

    Caledon, ON

     

  • 500500 Posts: 2,275
    I bet it's got a beaver in it. They're good at floating.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
  • Dude, here's the tracking number if you can do better than I can. CX 480 153 193 CA

    Steve 

    Caledon, ON

     

  • 500500 Posts: 2,275
    It's coming from Brampton? Is it a new Dodge Charger?!!
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 5,644
    edited December 2013
    @Little Steven
    you can challenge canada post for breach of delivery standards and get your $35(?) postage fees refunded, seriously.  

    image
    canuckland
  • With a 440 hemi, dual bicarbs and gummies all round!

    Steve 

    Caledon, ON

     

  • 500500 Posts: 2,275
    Maybe it's being held at customs for inspection. US customs agents are having themselves a BBQ right about now.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    edited December 2013

    Way heavy on stuff. I'm glad the pitiful package I sent didn't go to him.

    Yeah, I know! I had the honor. Wah wag wah...

    Sorry @Stoogie. Chalk it up to first time. I'll know next time that a handful of sauces and handful of rubs are the norm.

    Ball Ground, GA

    ATL Sports Homer

     

  • @chris_wang - no worries, dude!!  It's my first time as well!  We're alllll good!

    @Little Steven - I hope you like them!  I do have to say that I'm a *little* disappointed that you didn't at least take a pic of the letter I sent you since the image I grabbed was off of what someone else posted on the board!  :-)

    I hope everyone has a happy and healthy Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  I don't post that much but I read a lot and learn a lot on this board.  Therefore I do a lot of good cooks!  I'm also drunk as hell right now, so cut me some slack.

    Merry Christmas everyone!
    Large BGE

    Neenah, WI
  • It was supposed to deliver yesterday. USPS tracking says it's still in Canada, Canada Post says it left Canada on the 13th

    All out war! =))
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Stoogie said:
    @chris_wang - no worries, dude!!  It's my first time as well!  We're alllll good!

    @Little Steven - I hope you like them!  I do have to say that I'm a *little* disappointed that you didn't at least take a pic of the letter I sent you since the image I grabbed was off of what someone else posted on the board!  :-)

    I hope everyone has a happy and healthy Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  I don't post that much but I read a lot and learn a lot on this board.  Therefore I do a lot of good cooks!  I'm also drunk as hell right now, so cut me some slack.

    Merry Christmas everyone!
    I was having upload problems last night and trouble with the forum locking up "due to a long running script" I'll put the letter up after I get my Christmas shopping done.
    :((

    Steve 

    Caledon, ON

     

Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.