Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

looking a long time.......finally!

Options
I've done a few brisket packers and have always forgotten to separate the point for burnt ends.
Well I found two points at wal-mart today and thought, 'why not?'

I'm guessing I should smoke as normal then cube and burn end them as normal.

Does this sound correct?
Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Are those the things that come with the corning packet separate from the meat?
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Yes, though I won't be using them.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Okay. Just making sure... If you were trying with corned beef you're going to have a bad time.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I think those are already corned, the seasonings are just additional to cook with it. I did one of those and its super salty, like you would expect from corned beef.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • berndcrisp
    Options
    Ok then, since I'm already in I will brine in just water for a day or two changing it often. Worse it can be is wrong and I will deal with it.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Yep, give it a shot amd let us know how it turns out.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Yeah, I've never tried it but let us know how it turns out.  It would be great to get burnt ends on discounted corned points after St. Patricks day. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • berndcrisp
    Options
    Well I brined them for 2 days, changing the water about every 8 hrs to flush or dilute any salt. Trimmed a bit and peppered only.Though they were pretty small they still took about 7 hours at 275-ish.
      Pulled at 200 IT and rested for 30 minutes. Put 1/2 bottle of a local bbq sauce in the drip pan and mixed. Cubed the points and tossed in the drip pan and mixture. Back on the egg at 300 for 1.5 hrs. I thought they were just ok but the local looneys ate them up during the weekly,all day long, man cave football party. 

No pics? If you've seen 27 pics of them you've seen them all.

• Loosemoose
    Options
    Must not have happened from what I hear around here.
    Glad they turned ok for the football party.
    Nowhere Indiana