Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rib Rack Wanted

I'm looking for a stainless high quality rib rack. One that can be turned upside down for doing a roast. I looked at CGS and didn't see any. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to buy one? Thanks, BG

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• Look on Amazon.
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 19,180
    Not stainless, but this one from my BGE dealer cleans up in a jiffy!

L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,575
    Lowe's
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,549
    RRP said:

Not stainless, but this one from my BGE dealer cleans up in a jiffy!

I have this one as well. Easy peazy to clean.
  • I don't think mine is stainless and I'm at work so I'm unable to check. I bought mine at Home Depot and use it for roasting over a pan. I do ribs flat. Anyway, never had any clean-up trouble with it.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,158
    henapple said:
    Lowe's
    I was looking at theirs over the weekend and all of them had a small crack on one of the welds.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 733
    I just bought a Weber that does exactly what you describe.  Think it was about $20 or so.  Got mine at Ace Hardware.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• tksmoketksmoke Posts: 769
    I like this Weber Stainless rack - model 6469, available at Amazon. It has plenty of space between supports and works well on the XL. Santa just bought me an AR so I can do enough ribs flat using multiple levels. Can't wait for the big brown sleigh to arrive.
    Santa Paula, CA
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 735
    KennyLee said:
    I just bought a Weber that does exactly what you describe.  Think it was about $20 or so.  Got mine at Ace Hardware.

Got the same one but bought at lowe's. Thick and well built. Works on large and XL.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

• TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,623
    I went to bed bath and beyond and scored an Onieda brand roasting rack for $9.99. It fits perfectly in a 15 x 11 inch pan that I already had. It's heavy duty construction like the BGE or Tasty Licks versions. You could flip it and used or a rib rack, I think. I have a couple rib racks that I bought from Sears for 50% off and they get used for rib duty.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Fred's has the one I use. I went through three before settling on his. It's awesome.
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

• +1 on Lowes
    Mark Annville, PA