Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rib Rack Wanted

I'm looking for a stainless high quality rib rack. One that can be turned upside down for doing a roast. I looked at CGS and didn't see any. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to buy one? Thanks, BG

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·

Comments

• Look on Amazon.
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,587
    Not stainless, but this one from my BGE dealer cleans up in a jiffy!

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,430
    Lowe's
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,298
    RRP said:

Not stainless, but this one from my BGE dealer cleans up in a jiffy!

I have this one as well. Easy peazy to clean.
    ·
  • I don't think mine is stainless and I'm at work so I'm unable to check. I bought mine at Home Depot and use it for roasting over a pan. I do ribs flat. Anyway, never had any clean-up trouble with it.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,007
    henapple said:
    Lowe's
    I was looking at theirs over the weekend and all of them had a small crack on one of the welds.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·
  • KennyLeeKennyLee Posts: 683
    I just bought a Weber that does exactly what you describe.  Think it was about $20 or so.  Got mine at Ace Hardware.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

·
  • tksmoketksmoke Posts: 744
    I like this Weber Stainless rack - model 6469, available at Amazon. It has plenty of space between supports and works well on the XL. Santa just bought me an AR so I can do enough ribs flat using multiple levels. Can't wait for the big brown sleigh to arrive.
    image.jpg 924K
    Santa Paula, CA
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 605
    KennyLee said:
    I just bought a Weber that does exactly what you describe.  Think it was about $20 or so.  Got mine at Ace Hardware.

Got the same one but bought at lowe's. Thick and well built. Works on large and XL.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,317
    I went to bed bath and beyond and scored an Onieda brand roasting rack for $9.99. It fits perfectly in a 15 x 11 inch pan that I already had. It's heavy duty construction like the BGE or Tasty Licks versions. You could flip it and used or a rib rack, I think. I have a couple rib racks that I bought from Sears for 50% off and they get used for rib duty.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • Fred's has the one I use. I went through three before settling on his. It's awesome.
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • +1 on Lowes
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·