Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wagyu on sale at Costco

DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Just got this in my Inbox. http://t.costco.com/.product.100082950.html?&EMID=B2C_2013_1214_DailyDealDay11 Way to $$$ for me, must be something special. When the meat is more expensive than an egg, hmmm....
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684

Hmmmm.........Costco has a 100% satisfaction guarantee.  So, if it's not "$1200 good", then you get your money back, right?  I'm not going to try it, but just a thought.

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Ummm... I think there's another thread that has blown up over the past couple of days where people have weighed in on ethics and how to treat a business... Might I suggest great discretion in recommendations of "satisfaction" here... Geeeez!

L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Hmmmm.........Costco has a 100% satisfaction guarantee.  So, if it's not "$1200 good", then you get your money back, right?  I'm not going to try it, but just a thought.

You have to return the original product, just sayin' :))

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832

Hmmmm.........Costco has a 100% satisfaction guarantee.  So, if it's not "$1200 good", then you get your money back, right?  I'm not going to try it, but just a thought.

You mean they won't take it back "post processing"? :)
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • stlcharcoal

Yeah, I know......  :)

I bought some expensive pears there one time only to find them all to be rotting on the undersides.  Took the receipt back to the customer counter, and to my surprise, they politely asked for the pears.  They were cool about it, but just said for next time to put one in a ZipLock, freeze it, and return it.  Still gross, I just double check everything now.

I'm surprised they didn't have an exclusion for that rib roast, I'm sure they did on the $1,000,000 diamond ring they sold a few Christmas's ago. 

• It's what is left. I would think it meets the requirements of product return. Think of a used toaster. Pretty much the same thing =))

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Looks like an awesome piece of meat, but at $109.99 per lb it will never be on my grill or table!  I could buy 4 prime steaks and a couple of nice bottles of wine, and have more enjoyment for the same $.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    wow.  thats quite the bill for beef.... I would be afraid it would ruin all other steak for me for the rest of my life....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • Hmmmm.........Costco has a 100% satisfaction guarantee.  So, if it's not "$1200 good", then you get your money back, right?  I'm not going to try it, but just a thought.

Yeah, I know......  :)

I bought some expensive pears there one time only to find them all to be rotting on the undersides.  Took the receipt back to the customer counter, and to my surprise, they politely asked for the pears.  They were cool about it, but just said for next time to put one in a ZipLock, freeze it, and return it.  Still gross, I just double check everything now.

I'm surprised they didn't have an exclusion for that rib roast, I'm sure they did on the $1,000,000 diamond ring they sold a few Christmas's ago. 

I think you will be fine as long as you keep the original bag.
    :-S

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I had Wagyu at an upscale restaurant near us a couple of years ago. The cost of the steak was close to $100 and I left there and went to McDonald's as I was still hungry. I was not at all impressed!
    Maybe I'm Just too plain and simple of a man but I've made better on my egg.

For my $ anytime your plate comes to you looking like a piece of artwork you have probably overpaid for your meal and will leave there hungry.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • JohnMc
    JohnMc Posts: 76
    Costco is such a great place I'd never abuse their return policy. About a year ago I bought some ribs and the next day opened the fridge and gagged from the smell. I heard the garbage truck coming down the street and ran out and dumped them. We called Costco and told them what we did and why we had no rotting meat or labels to return. They said, no problem, and replaced in full our next trip in. They did tell us though that every year jerks buy big screen TVs the day before the superbowl and return them the day after.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    JohnMc said:

Costco is such a great place I'd never abuse their return policy. About a year ago I bought some ribs and the next day opened the fridge and gagged from the smell. I heard the garbage truck coming down the street and ran out and dumped them. We called Costco and told them what we did and why we had no rotting meat or labels to return. They said, no problem, and replaced in full our next trip in. They did tell us though that every year jerks buy big screen TVs the day before the superbowl and return them the day after.

When I worked there we had this lady by fresh
    flowers and then return them one week later because they died. Then she'd repeat the cycle. Another person bought a lawnmower in
    the spring after returning a snow blower. In late fall, vice versa. Good times!
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    I don't care how good it is, I just can't see paying $110/lb for beef.
  • stlcharcoal

Eggcelsior said:

When I worked there we had this lady by fresh flowers and then return them one week later because they died. Then she'd repeat the cycle. Another person bought a lawnmower in the spring after returning a snow blower. In late fall, vice versa. Good times!

I work with a guy out in the country that is right on the line from being legally deaf.  I bought him a jumbo pack of those hearing aid batteries as a joke, and he was amazed how much longer they lasted (and how cheap they were.)

A year ago he broke his hearing aid, I told him about the hearing aid display I saw there.  He drove over an hour to go to Costco to check it out and saved $1500+ on a pair.  Since then they have broken several times, and each time Costco has had a new pair waiting for him.  They finally upgraded the set to the higher priced model.  Either way, he's happy as a clam and raves about their customer service (compared to whatever Podunk hearing aid store/clinic that he was going to.)

On a separate note.......I remembered last time I had a Costco car battery start to get weak on me.  It had been in the truck two years, so I expected them to put it on the load tester then give me partial credit for the new one like at Sam's (partial credit for actual cranking amps vs. rated, prorated for the amount months used in the service life.)  They told me to just take it to the counter and return it for a full credit + core, then come over and get a brand new one.  AWESOME.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    njl said:

I don't care how good it is, I just can't see paying $110/lb for beef.

Don't go to Japan. Real Kobe can be that much per ounce.
  • I had Wagyu at an upscale restaurant near us a couple of years ago. The cost of the steak was close to $100 and I left there and went to McDonald's as I was still hungry. I was not at all impressed! Maybe I'm Just too plain and simple of a man but I've made better on my egg. For my $ anytime your plate comes to you looking like a piece of artwork you have probably overpaid for your meal and will leave there hungry.

The guys in the kitchen of the restaurant where I work did this a while back as a joke. image "Sprout Slider"
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Give me a 1/4 lb. :x That's all I could aford.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • I'll take a nice rib eye on the egg any day. Need to try filet soon
    XL   Walled Lake, MI