Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed pork chops

Options
Stuffed with apples pecans pecan bourbon and fresh figs cook direct at 400 degrees
2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
Long Island N.Y.

Comments

• Charlesmaneri
    Options
    Here it is plated up image
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    I have to say this is not my work my son made this feast
    Long Island N.Y.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks great, how thick were those chops before you stuffed them?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    DMW the chops were 2 inches thick
    Long Island N.Y.
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    I have to say this is not my work my son made this feast

Walk proud, Charles...walk proud! you've trained him very well!! The fig doesn't fall far from the tree, it seems!
    BTW, what internal temp did you (he) take them off at?

From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Those look sooo good.

I was going to post pics of the spatchcock chicken I did tonight but if you've seen 74 of them you've seen them all.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Looks beyond delicious! ^:)^
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    Warwomen he took them off at 145 interinal temp and let sit for like 5 minutes
    Long Island N.Y.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Very nice. I haven't seen chops cut that thick since I left Iowa. That thickness was called the "Iowa cut".

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Caliking. Here in NY you can find chops ,steaks ,veal chops or almost whatever you want cut thick and if it's not in the display case just ask the butcher and he will cut it as you like it when I buy Porterhouse steaks I tell the butcher I want then cut as thick as my fist my friends love to come for porterhouse
    Long Island N.Y.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Yeah, that's what I miss about living in Chicago. There were still a few old school butchers around who actually knew what they were doing. Some of the places around Houston aren't bad though, and I should give them credit e.g. Central Market. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    Caliking this is in almost any super market(grocery store) not a butcher shop
    Long Island N.Y.