Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deal of a lifetime!!!

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    who has a GIF for "another melodramatic turn in this thread's dialogue"? Lookin at you @Eggcelsior...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    I almost have an opinion....

More beer!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    I guess I'll be holding back on telling everyone how I got a 20# bag of BGE lump for $1.12.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Gezr
    Gezr Posts: 154
    Can't we all just get along.......?

That's it! I am so outa here
    At last! All this talk and no one walked...I was beginning to think that this wasn't serious.
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
  • Lets go for Travis boiled brisket

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Gezr
    Gezr Posts: 154

At last! All this talk and no one walked...I was beginning to think that this wasn't serious.
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

Can't we all just get along?
  • ^ LOL LOL
    XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.
  • Gezr said:

I mean it this time! All those other times I wasn't serious but this time I'm gone

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Gezr said:

I mean it this time! All those other times I wasn't serious but this time I'm gone
    Good riddance! We know your opinion of us "Ugly Americans".

• Not at all...just you

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Little Steven:  This is how I picture you leaving.

Morton, huh? Hello from Dunlap!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggcelsior
    Not at all...just you

This **** just got real....
  • Just you wait till Cen-Tex gets home :-L

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567

WWTD?

The night is young.

• Eggcelsior
    Just you wait till Cen-Tex gets home :-L
    CT joining the fight...

• Thought I would add this story, just for the entertainment value.  I bought a Savage .30-06 from a very large sporting goods chain, for deer and hog hunting.  They screwed up my first order royally, and I had to wait another two weeks for the right rifle.  When it arrived they had screwed up the second order in a minor way (I wanted a removable magazine and they sent an internal magazine model).  I had run out of time for a pre-paid hunt, so I took the rifle.  The manager applied every single discount option available (LEO, disabled, senior citizen.....) to compensate.  Took several hundred dollars off the cost.  I added a $400 Nikon scope.  When they rang it up the price did not sound right, with they had fiddled with all those discounts.  Out at my truck I scanned the receipt and realized they did not ring up the scope.  I went back and told the manager, and he said I wasn't reading the figures right, that the scope was included.  What to do then?  They had messed up my order twice, I'd already paid, and I went back and told them they had made a mistake.  I am still not sure, and I kind of doubt the manager would write off a scope to get rid of me, but I don't think I paid for it.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Eggcelsior

Thought I would add this story, just for the entertainment value.  I bought a Savage .30-06 from a very large sporting goods chain, for deer and hog hunting.  They screwed up my first order royally, and I had to wait another two weeks for the right rifle.  When it arrived they had screwed up the second order in a minor way (I wanted a removable magazine and they sent an internal magazine model).  I had run out of time for a pre-paid hunt, so I took the rifle.  The manager applied every single discount option available (LEO, disabled, senior citizen.....) to compensate.  Took several hundred dollars off the cost.  I added a $400 Nikon scope.  When they rang it up the price did not sound right, with they had fiddled with all those discounts.  Out at my truck I scanned the receipt and realized they did not ring up the scope.  I went back and told the manager, and he said I wasn't reading the figures right, that the scope was included.  What to do then?  They had messed up my order twice, I'd already paid, and I went back and told them they had made a mistake.  I am still not sure, and I kind of doubt the manager would write off a scope to get rid of me, but I don't think I paid for it.
    Must have been the mustache.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    edited December 2013
    The difference between you, doc, and the guy in Florida, is that you tried to pay for the scope, you didn't try to argue your way out of paying for a scope.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Doc.Trying to be honest and actually being honest are two different things. You don't get any boiled brisket today 

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Thought I would add this story, just for the entertainment value.  I bought a Savage .30-06 from a very large sporting goods chain, for deer and hog hunting.  They screwed up my first order royally, and I had to wait another two weeks for the right rifle.  When it arrived they had screwed up the second order in a minor way (I wanted a removable magazine and they sent an internal magazine model).  I had run out of time for a pre-paid hunt, so I took the rifle.  The manager applied every single discount option available (LEO, disabled, senior citizen.....) to compensate.  Took several hundred dollars off the cost.  I added a $400 Nikon scope.  When they rang it up the price did not sound right, with they had fiddled with all those discounts.  Out at my truck I scanned the receipt and realized they did not ring up the scope.  I went back and told the manager, and he said I wasn't reading the figures right, that the scope was included.  What to do then?  They had messed up my order twice, I'd already paid, and I went back and told them they had made a mistake.  I am still not sure, and I kind of doubt the manager would write off a scope to get rid of me, but I don't think I paid for it.
    Must have been the mustache.
    Naw, counldn't have been.  The manager was a guy, it only works on the ladies.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    edited December 2013
    Little Steven said: Gezr said: Little Steven said: HDumptyEsq said: Can't we all just get along.......?
    That's it! I am so outa hereAt last! All this talk and no one walked...I was beginning to think that this wasn't serious.

ya right, me think "gone" =
    GOing Nowhere Else
    canuckland
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042

Getting in this a little late...........

In my state, a price tag is nothing more than an "invitation to negotiate."  Whether it's a box of cereal, a car, or a TV, the price on the tag does not need to be honored if it is incorrect.  Reason being, when you pick it of the shelf and go to the cash register, YOU are offering them the amount on the tag, and that is their chance to accept or not.

Some stores will honor a wrong price for customer service reasons, but they do not have to.  Recently, WalMart had some $500-600 mispriced piece of electronics on their website for under $10.  They sold out in minutes, then cancelled the orders when they realized what went wrong.  They sent everyone $10 gift cards, yet plenty still complained trying to say they entered a "contract" by buying it at that price--not a chance.

i manage a retail store, and have done so in 3 different states.  I don't know of any "law" stating marked priced are a binding contract, its always been an offer for sale to me.  It is usually just customer service to do it as advertised for us, several times a year a print ads or magazines will miss price things or packages and we very rarely honor those prices/deals because it gets posted all over that it is an error and we apologize.  

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    btw, view count on this thread is 3.1k, I bet it's gonna pass the rub exchange thread currently at 3.4k when people starts drinking tonight  :D
    canuckland
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    yzzi said:
    I guess I'll be holding back on telling everyone how I got a 20# bag of BGE lump for $1.12.
    You're a real scumbag. You should have fessed up and paid the MSRP = $11.2. Oh wait,  you said BGE lump - I meant $112. Damn decimal points.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited December 2013
    If you rack the slide with your finger on the trigger, you might be a pot smoker.

• Eggcelsior
    Come at me bro.