Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to cook from my local meat shop ad?

What all have you guys cooked from this ad?  I have cooked the obvious Ribeyes.  Just wondering what everyone would do with these sales. 
------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Stock up on legs for easy chicken cooks

Rib roast for christmas(pretty easy and come out awesome)

Stock up on butts if 1.69/lb is a good price.
  • I would jump on the margarine and the Hormel canned pseudo meat product. You could inject the can with a maple bourbon mix

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    edited December 2013
    Loin roast is great as well...

But I'm with LS. Inject the canned ham! :-D
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• jtippers said:
    Loin roast is great as well... But I'm with LS. Inject the canned ham! :-D
    Worked in the "meat" canning industry for a while. No thanks on canned ham. Think splurt!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    Mmmmmm... I think I'll pass. :-&
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• I would be cooking the standing rib roast 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I just did some country style pork ribs last weekend and they came out awesome!!!  That's my vote.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Assuming you've done the roast and rib roast, I like the bone in turkey breast. Of course it has been almost 8 weeks since turkey day here in the GWN, only been 2 or 3 weeks for you folks, but I'd stock up on what you have room for in the freezer and make the decision later!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,455
    Holy smoke, we pay $3.99/lb for boneless, skinless chicken breast even when they're on sale.
    canuckland
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    I was thinking a turkey as I did cook my Thanksgiving turkey on the egg.  I have never cooked any of the beef stuff like the standing rib roast.  That sounds great.  How would you cook that? 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Holy smoke, we pay $3.99/lb for boneless, skinless chicken breast even when they're on sale.
    If you buy more, you can get it for cheaper.  Usually boneless skinless for @2.19/lb. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • That's a good price for standing rib roast, depending on the grade.  I've seen "choice" for $7.99 here recently.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Albuquerque, NM
    Large BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    There is nothing on there you can't egg.  I have done at least one of everything except the rib roast, and that is coming for Christmas.  What is the shoulder?  beef or pork? If beef, I have not done that either, but I know others on here have.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I would get that 10 lb chicken quarter bag for that price for sure. And if that shoulder roast is beef, yes on that as well. Pulled beef is really good and a nice changed from pulled pork IMHO.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    I've cooked everything except the standing rib roast. There's a place near me that sells them for $1/lb less, but they are select, not choice. That place is a case of you get what you pay for.

For the price, the leg quarters beat anything I've come across in the past few years. While I suppose the chix has been fed hormones, etc. I have trouble passing up meat protein that is cheaper than white bread. Typically, the really cheap 10 lb. bags include a couple of pounds of fat. I cut up the quarters into legs and thighs. Then I skin and bone the thighs. The bones and skin  go to making stock, and the thigh meat gets marinated and cooked direct. The legs are used in a variety of ways.
  • tarheelmatt
    I am taking that shoulder roast is beef.  I was wondering about pulled beef.  Around my parts we do not do that, but I would like to, because I can :)
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832

I am taking that shoulder roast is beef.  I was wondering about pulled beef.  Around my parts we do not do that, but I would like to, because I can :)

Do it, its good.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Most of these sound good. I'm planning on a standing rib roast for Christmas, so that caught my attention immediately. Leg quarters are always great and easy on the egg. And, for whatever reason, bone-in skin-on split chicken breast always turns out perfect on the egg. I love pork loin too, but I'm not 100% sure what a pork loin end roast is.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Bet OP works there.... mangrates!! :)

Leg quarters are a great price, looks frozen?  I'm now in the mood for country ribs, but that's pricey.  It's a throwaway cut unless you have an egg :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Leg quarters for me.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.