Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deal of a lifetime!!!

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    edited December 2013
    Lit said: I guess I'm a scumbag cause I would have bought them all. If anything I think the department manager should have been talked to for giving the customer grief. This is not the customers issue and should not have been made his issue. I had something similar happen at Lowe's where I saw a 3 pack of 12' miter blades with 2 80 tooth and a normal chop blade for $39.99 when 1 80 tooth blade is $50 normally so I grabbed one even though I didn't need it yet. It priced at like $79 when I went to check out and the manager was called and he honored it and went and changed the price sign. If I could have used all of them I would have bought them all and not felt bad about it. Its their fault for hiring $8 an hour employees. I have never seen anything mispriced at Costco because they pay well to get competent employees.

In Canada we have
    Scanner Price Accuracy Voluntary Code:
    in your situation I would have gotten it for $29.99, or free if the advertised or shelf sticker price was ten dollars or less.
    canuckland
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    That's it Im moving to Canada.
  • C'mon up man. **** weather and 65% tax rates are easy to deal with.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Lit
    But I would have gotten free miter blades!
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    I thought we were gonna get to kill the English

Now, steady on old chap!!

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    C'mon up man. **** weather and 65% tax rates are easy to deal with.
    What's so **** about the cold weather and snow? Pond hockey? I consider this a win!
  • It get's old after a few decades. The taxation is very old.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I thought we were gonna get to kill the English

It's code. It means a flame war is about to begin. The Scots and Irish don't really hate the English.
    B-)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    I've been around for 3. Still not old yet. Perhaps I need to through my back out or something.

What about healthcare? There are some REALLY good-looking MD's in Montreal. Worth it!
  • You are confusing MD's with ED's.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• HDumptyEsq
    I thought we were gonna get to kill the English

It's code. It means a flame war is about to begin. The Scots and Irish don't really hate the English.
    B-)
    Just been a "low and slow" for a couple thousand years.
    :)

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited December 2013
    Right is right and wrong is wrong.  Funny how our "logic" and "reasoning" create this moral grey area that isn't really there.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • I agree. It's OK if it's a big box but wrong if it's a Mom and Pop. It isn't the act as long as the pipe is being put to a perceived villain

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Lit
    Its a law that they have to honor marked prices wether its a big box or mom and pop. Either way paying the marked price is right there's no argument. An ex in college worked at Dillards in FL and people would come in with red pens and mark down tags and then someone else would come pick them up and take them to the register and the store honored the reduced price. That is wrong but I'm pretty sure the law is pretty straight forward if they are honoring it to that level.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited December 2013
  • Eggcelsior
    You are confusing MD's with ED's.
    Nope. "docteur en médecine".
    We would have Residents come down to Shock Trauma to do a Trauma Fellowship for 2 months. They were from centre universitaire de santé mcgill. Most were women. The best 2 months!

Hearing one ask for Normal Saline, "Normaal Sahleeene si vous plait" would make my knees knock. If I was single at the time I guarantee that I'd be living in Montreal right now. Holy Hell!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

So you're saying since someone made it a "law" then it's right?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • If only I didn't have to drive 300 miles to get treatment there :x

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Canugghead
    ...If I was single at the time I guarantee that I'd be living in Montreal right now. Holy Hell!
    that could have been a life changer or "deal of a lifetime"  :D
    canuckland
  • Eggcelsior

So you're saying since someone made it a "law" then it's right?

People taking advantage of the law, this is the part that isn't "right" - it's that gray area that demands ethical thinking. Your "right is right" may not be the same as someone else's "right is right". OP was within his rights to take advantage of the law, but it isn't exactly ethical. 

Philosophy is so much fun! I love existentialism!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited December 2013
    What entertainment!

Right when I read the OP's post, I immediately went to the pantry and grabbed a package of my favorite popcorn.  I don't know why the OP was surprised of the reaction we got.  Our community is a mixture of all age demographics and with that, you'll get a lot of different opinions on how some people would approach the situation.

Personally, if I cared for Cowboy, I would have bought a few.  I likely wouldn't have wiped them out, but hey, that was your decision and as long as you can live with yourself, by all means.

I do think the OP got a lil out of line with the name calling, especially since the tone was pretty clear.  My advice is don't brag about a taking advantage of a fortunate situation without understanding that some may not agree with you.  Post that crap on slickdeals or dealfinder if you are seeking praise.  

In the end, you will need the people you offended one day.  While they will likely still help ya out, you definitely ruffled some feathers.  Personally, I thank you for the senseless entertainment!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Eggcelsior
    edited December 2013
    If only I didn't have to drive 300 miles to get treatment there :x
    I'm totally going snowboarding at Mt. Tremblant so I can break my leg and go there.

Secondary gain!
  • cazzy said:
    What entertainment!

Right when I read the OP's post, I immediately went to the pantry and grabbed a package of my favorite popcorn.  I don't know why the OP was surprised of the reaction we got.  Our community is a mixture of all age demographics and with that, you'll get a lot of different opinions on how some people would approach the situation.

Personally, if I cared for Cowboy, I would have bought a few.  I likely wouldn't have wiped them out, but hey, that was your decision and as long as you can live with yourself, by all means.

I do think the OP got a lil out of line with the name calling, especially since the tone was pretty clear.  My advice is don't brag about a taking advantage of a fortunate situation without understanding that some may not agree with you.  Post that crap on slickdeals or dealfinder if you are seeking praise.  

In the end, you will need the people you offended one day.  While they will likely still help ya out, you definitely ruffled some feathers.  Personally, I thank you for the senseless entertainment!

Like anyone cares what you think! Adzole!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• HDmstng
    HDmstng Posts: 192
    edited December 2013
    EggHead payed the asking price.  He didn't slap different price tags on the merchandise, or swap out the bar code so it rang up wrong.  There was no active fraud or attempt to deceive.  

How many times does a store try and track you down when they ring something up wrong in their favor?

• Eggcelsior
    cazzy said:
    What entertainment!

Like anyone cares what you think! Adzole!
  • HDumptyEsq
    Can't we all just get along.......?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    edited December 2013
    I have an issue with cleaning them out too on something that was obviously a mistake. And the "Big Box" vs "Mom and Pop store" argument is irrelevant. Justifying by saying, "Oh, I'm sure they would have screwed me if they got the chance" doesn't make it right. Also, comparing to when someone posts a great deal they got on something on here is also not a fair comparison. Those were typically a correctly marked sale item as opposed to a big mistake. I personally wouldn't have bought them out but that's me. But then again, with my experience with Cowboy, I wouldn't buy it no matter what the price.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Canugghead
    edited December 2013
    Just to clarify, the canuck Scanning Code of Pratice is not the law, it's a voluntary practice that several major grocery and big box chains honour. I'm not aware of any smaller chains or mom-n-pops that adhere to it.

The intent is to protect consumers from unknowingly paying more than they bargained for.  When someone notices the overcharge and gets the first $10 free, he stops the retailer from overcharging others assuming the pricing system is fixed right away, the retailer still gets to keep the 'hidden profit" paid by earlier customers. 
    canuckland
  • Eggcelsior
    caliking said:

I can't wait for this thread to pick up again in the evening... when the drinking starts.

@Eggcelsior - now I want to go find a deal on some NS!