Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza

Options
Best I've done. I think I've been over cooking them. The 3 tonight were spot on.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    You have been one cooking MOFO lately henapple! Looks killer!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'm off or at least not traveling for a while. I've enjoyed working on the egg. Fine tuning a lot of stuff.
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    So jealous of your output lately @henapple. Very nicely done.  
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Looks great, have not done pizza sinse the summer. That made me want to do some aagain soon! Nice job.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    That looks REALLY, REALLY good!!! Wish I could even dream of having that much cheese. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to make a palatable NO cheese pizza! Sigh...............

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

That looks REALLY, REALLY good!!! Wish I could even dream of having that much cheese. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to make a palatable NO cheese pizza! Sigh...............

Add some nutritional yeast. It gives some cheesy flavor similar to parmesean. Daiya substitute melts pretty well. (my mom is vegan)
  • alynd
    alynd Posts: 130
    Options
    what type of cheese did you use?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice, anything different about your setup this time, or just pulled them sooner?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Add some nutritional yeast. It gives some cheesy flavor similar to parmesean. Daiya substitute melts pretty well. (my mom is vegan)
    Thanks. I've never heard of nutritional yeast and I've been told that daiya is absolutely awful! LOL! But I can't eat much cheese so I guess I'll have to try it. Or just give it up completely. Or listen to the folks who claim sat fat is actually GOOD for you.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    My wife is vegan she does half and half nutritional yeast and sesame seed for a cheese like flavor.
  • Hoov
    Hoov Posts: 264
    Options
    Looks amazing! @henapple What did you do differently this time?
    - Proud owner of a Large BGE
    - Norman, OK
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Love the look of the browning on that cheese. Good job.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Did this last weekend. Home-made dough (Emeril Lagassi's recipe in the food processor) . Dome at 500. Kids are always asking for it.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• henapple
    Options
    Just pulled earlier. I let the dough set for 2 days in the fridge. Seems to give the dough a deeper taste...I always do that though. On my meat and veggies pizzas I've started putting the toppings on top. Much better.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    You should always put "toppings" on top of the dough. No wonder the bottom of your crust was browning.  :D
  • henapple
    Options
    Top of the cheese. SA
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    I love you too  :-*