Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

heated mat for cold weather egging ?

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,582
    Danner 1000 gram boots. $200 but last a lifetime.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Wish I had hooked up the tubing in the deck to the boiler

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,789
    henapple said:
    That's cheap for good boots. Are they imported? I thought USA Danners were around 100 more.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 8,543
    looks interesting but what if an ember lands on it :-/
    Well than you would have an even hotter heated mat...briefly. :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,431
    I have a pair of Chipawahs that keep my feet warm and dry no matter the conditions. First pair I had of them lasted over 7 years of almost daily wear... Worth every penny.
  • I would just place the heated mat off to the side as I would not be hovering over the grill most of the time. Or you could drape it over a bench to sit on. Try a google search for pig blankets.
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 5,653
    Would be nice if Danners come in one size fits all  :)
    canuckland
  • Try a pair of slip on Taiga sled boots, about the same price as the mat. Not as good for walking as the Danner's but I only push the snow mobile when it gets stuck or quits.....

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    I have Zamberlans. Those Italians know what their doing.
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,582

henapple said:

That's cheap for good boots. Are they imported? I thought USA Danners were around 100 more.

I know a guy. ..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    henapple said:

henapple said:

I know a guy. ..

I bet his name isn't Limmer.
  • If either of you ladies ware a 10, I can get you a pair of danner for $39. New with tags still on. It's this model.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000N950CG
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

If either of you ladies ware a 10, I can get you a pair of danner for $39. New with tags still on. It's this model.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000N950CG

Someone may need to bind their feet.
  • I have Zamberlans. Those Italians know what their doing.
    Until now, I respected your opinion....
    @Skiddymarker, I could of said Sorel like my mom, but her Canada-made ones are now proudly Made in China. However, my wife wears La Canadiennes so yes, those Canadians know what they are doing too.

Any rec's for kids? The offerings from Timberland leave me very underwhelmed. Not much else out there for toddlers who are impervious to cold.
  • @Eggcelsior - just fooling with you, more meant to the point that the Italians know anything about anything. Never saw a country with so much potential that is too busy partying to get it done...
    Sad, but just about everything is made in China, especially for kids. Sorel, Kamik, Columbia all made offshore. Grandkids are in Baffin Young Eigers from Mountain Equipment Co-op this year, so far no complaints. They are made in China as well. Not a technical boot, but great for the walk to and from school. The market is basically get one year out of the boot, replace the next year. 

edited December 2013
    @Eggcelsior - just fooling with you, more meant to the point that the Italians know anything about anything. Never saw a country with so much potential that is too busy partying to get it done...
    Sad, but just about everything is made in China, especially for kids. Sorel, Kamik, Columbia all made offshore. Grandkids are in Baffin Young Eigers from Mountain Equipment Co-op this year, so far no complaints. They are made in China as well. Not a technical boot, but great for the walk to and from school. The market is basically get one year out of the boot, replace the next year. 

Ever since I went back to get some Vasque Sundowners(now Chinese) and they "POS'ed out" after a few hikes, I just can do purpose-built stuff from where it didn't originate. Eff that. You just can't outsource craftsmanship. Too bad Pajar doesn't do kids stuff.