Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: Polar Bear Cooler?

Looking of an outstanding soft side cooler (non-leak). Any info from you guys on Polar Bear Coolers 24 or 12 size?

Is there something better out there?

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Comments

• Dammit Mick! Polar Bears are endangered. Just not right to make coolers out of them. They are pretty good low and slow though. Taste a bit like seal. :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• They are awesome. Took one to Aruba. Outside in the sun all day filled with beer and ice. Even the next morning there was still ice.
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,670
    I think I'll order the 24...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • I had one until enjoying a few to many ice cold beverages one evening at a former "friends" house.  It was never returned and I have never been back.  It was a great cooler. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    Ah, those former friends.
  • LitLit Posts: 4,101
    If I buy another cooler before I leave one at a friends house I will be in trouble by her. I still want the 24 though.
  • LitLit Posts: 4,101
    There is a 48 on amazon. Another options.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,542
    Me likey. SWMBO needs a new one for breastmilk that fits in her purse. The sixer looks like it will work.
    @Eggcelsior. ..tmi
    Oh yeah. No pics it didn't happen
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,075
    Those look interesting.  I have never had a soft cooler that didn't end up leaking, but the reviews on these are all great.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

The backpack looks pretty sweet.  I must really like backpack coolers, I keep staring at this picture.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,542

The backpack looks pretty sweet.  I must really like backpack coolers, I keep staring at this picture.

I really like backpack coolers too.
  • Use one on my kayak in the summer. They are the best. Keep in mind they are more compact than the stated capacity would lead you to believe.
    Alan in LA (Lower Alabama that is)
    "If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before!" 
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Any of you use the 48? Guessing that may be a little big for a rear seat cooler to travel with??
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,584

@Mickey, long time my friend. I have a few Polar bear soft coolers. The smallest is a little too small. It gets more narrow near the zipper so stocking as full as we all would like makes it hard to zip. Cant even get 12 in mine without ice. I would go bigger. I actually use my small one to hold butts when need to. Makes it handy to carry to a friends house with the shoulder strap.

Hope you are well my friend.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mickey, usually they have them at Whole Earth on Lamar down street for Whole Wallet.  Probably seasonal item, but might have some in stock.  
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    Chubbs said:

@Mickey, long time my friend. I have a few Polar bear soft coolers. The smallest is a little too small. It gets more narrow near the zipper so stocking as full as we all would like makes it hard to zip. Cant even get 12 in mine without ice. I would go bigger. I actually use my small one to hold butts when need to. Makes it handy to carry to a friends house with the shoulder strap.

Mr Chubbs I never liked you and have not missed your attempts at cooking one bit. Oh, I was thinking VI, sorry :-S ..... Where the hell have you been?

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,584
    Mickey said:
    Chubbs said:

Mr Chubbs I never liked you and have not missed your attempts at cooking one bit. Oh, I was thinking VI, sorry :-S ..... Where the hell have you been?
    Mickey, well regardless I have missed you. Everyone for that matter. Kind of in a different role at work and not at a desk as much. Throw in traveling and it has been difficult to log in. Should be back though.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    Chubbs when you say small are you talking 6 or 12?

• The backpack looks pretty sweet.  I must really like backpack coolers, I keep staring at this picture.

I like the smile on the backpack cooler!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • That picture is really a Trompe L'Oeil.  I stared at the picture for 45 seconds before the cooler began to appear.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Albuquerque, NM
    Large BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • Does anyone have any idea how many bottles fit in the backpack or 24 pack bag. I'm more of a bottle guy and I am worried about the amount that will fit.

edited December 2013

That picture is really a Trompe L'Oeil.  I stared at the picture for 45 seconds before the cooler began to appear.
    Sorry but that pic is henapple in drag (his travel mode) without the bacon =))

• HDumptyEsqHDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    I don't know about the backpack coolers but I like the frontpack warmers!

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

What cooler?
    dmarois said:
    Does anyone have any idea how many bottles fit in the backpack or 24 pack bag. I'm more of a bottle guy and I am worried about the amount that will fit.

FWIW I found this review on Amazon and the reviewer states he can get 26 comfortably in the 24 pack. 

• The backpack looks pretty sweet.  I must really like backpack coolers, I keep staring at this picture.

I like the smile on the backpack cooler!
    This is the 34C Model!
    NW Iowa
  • dmarois said:
    Does anyone have any idea how many bottles fit in the backpack or 24 pack bag. I'm more of a bottle guy and I am worried about the amount that will fit.

FWIW I found this review on Amazon and the reviewer states he can get 26 comfortably in the 24 pack. 
    The title to his review and the first section make it all worth it haha
  • The only soft sided cooler I ever use during the winter months is a snowbank.  Works wonders when the missus thinks I've had 4 too many when working 'round the house.  Only drawback is you can't travel with one but the biggest plus is there are lots to choose from when you get to where you're going - up thissa way anyhow.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini