Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Damn Dell work computer.

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited December 2013 in EggHead Forum
My Mac at home, my iPhone and iPad all work prefect. But my Dell at work as of about two weeks ago stopped allowing me to respond to the forum ( can read fine). Someone please tell me how to make it work for about 90 days and then "no problem". As VI puts it " I am outta here".
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    What browser?  I use Chrome.. does fine for most things.  I will say some websites work better with MS internet exploder.

Or - you can download safari (mac web browser) for PC...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • ShadowNick
    Options
    Use Firefox.
    Pentwater, MI
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    No idea, but are you still logged in at home? Your i devices may all work together, but the Windows computer may need to be logged in to the forum. I'm sure one of the IT gurus here will have some pearls of wisdom. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @Mickey-no help here-I just crossed over to the dark side (imac) for my first foray into the world of apple (after many, many years with windows based computers at home) and run a Dell at work with windows.  No problems with forum access with either system.  And if there was, there is no way I would sort it out. Good luck!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Mickey said:
    My Mac at home, my iPhone and iPad all work prefect. But my Dell at work as of about two weeks ago stopped allowing me to respond to the forum ( can read fine). Someone please tell me how to make it work for about 90 days and then "no problem". As VI puts it " I am outta here".
    Ok Mick, from one techie to another....click the gear on the top tight had corner of your screen
    and click compatibility options, it will ask you if you want to add the forum add it. It's going to be a pisser if you type 90 words a minute like I do cause the text will be very slow to appear in some posts.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited December 2013
    Options

Little Steven  you could not  be more wrong with the statement: ""one techie to another"". But you are 100% correct in YOUR FIX.

Thanks Sir....... I will ask that henapple buy you the beer if you make Salado this summer.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options
    i was able to post as a test and it worked.  not sure if this helps
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    If Tony is bringing the beer, it won't make it 5 mins past the cashier.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    caliking said:
    If Tony is bringing the beer, it won't make it 5 mins past the cashier.
    Who the hell is Tony? Henapple owes me beer

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Glad that worked Midkey.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Butterfingers!  Sorry, Mick