Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Bose soundlink mini?

Options
Hey everyone..... I just got an early xmas gift from the inlaws its a bose sound-link mini bluetooth speaker.Build quality looks awesome:)

Anyone out there using one and how do you find the sound quality?

Looking forward to eggin outside and having better sound than just the phone.

Jamie

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Haven't played with the mini but Costco has the regular sound link and I have been eyeing it for a long time. Looks and sounds great. This is the first time I ha e seen the sound link on sale I think it was $239 today. Would probably get it if I didn't buy a concept 2 rowing machine Friday. Congrats on a great gift I'm jealous.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I have the soud dock you can run on battery. 4.5 yrs later still going strong. U get what you pay for, the one you describe looks nice.
    Seattle, WA
  • Teedoff
    Options
    My wife just bought one. Very good sound. It fills a room like a system much larger. She is very happy with it.
    Decatur, AL
  • Givengold3
    Options
    Funny, I ordered a larger JBL unit for my wife, even though she asked for a Bose.  The JBL looked a bit bulky, so I returned it without even opening the package.  Ordered a Sound Link.  Hope she doesn't think its to small.  But she will get her Bose.

Concord, CA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @givengold3 which JBL did you order? I have a couple of theirs and they are pretty nice. The power up model supports wireless cell phone charging so if your phone has the option you just sit it on the speaker and it charges. I also have the smaller play up and its pretty nice also.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I have one and it is the bomb! Waiting for the subwoofer module to go on sale

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    Subwoofer module...interesting didn't even know there was one.Have to look into that too:)

• Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    I have the regular Soundlink II and love it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• ringkingpin
    Options
    I have two of the large jamboxes and like them for what they are
    "Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
     Brillat-Savarin
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Subwoofer module...interesting didn't even know there was one.Have to look into that too:)
    My wife bought ours in the states. She didn't pick up the subwoofer. Last time I checked they weren't available here yet.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    So is it ok to leave the speaker on the battery and plugged in or should the battery be unplugged until you need to charge the speaker?

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    I'm really pleased with my Altec Lansing InMotion Soundblade. Almost exclusively jam in my kitchen.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • Little Steven
    Options
    So is it ok to leave the speaker on the battery and plugged in or should the battery be unplugged until you need to charge the speaker?

We take it out to the deck in the summer, probably five hours on a charge. We keep it in the charger. It's not like I've ever read any instructions in my lifetime my son.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    I have the regular Soundlink II,  sound is great.  It lives perched on my gasser when I am egging (in nice weather)
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I have a couple of them- sound much better than most of the others of similar size. Place it against the wall or in a corner and it helps the lower end...
    Greensboro, NC