Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

2 coffee rubbed flats

KruegsKruegs Posts: 128
edited December 2013 in EggHead Forum
Picked up 2 choice flats from Costco, salt, pepper and coffee rub. 14 hours at 235. Very tasty...love the very subtle coffee flavor. Started XL at 10pm when temp was about 5 degrees and windy. It dropped below zero with -15 wind chills overnight. Egg held steady at 235 all night with the help of CyberQ Wifi even though there was icicles coming off the blower unit!
XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
image.jpg 965.8K
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,435
    Nice..The egg is a beast.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,351
    Got to love cold weather BBQ. :)
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • NICE! Gotta get one of those units, they're awesome.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • KruegsKruegs Posts: 128
    @black_badger I was making the brisket for the Marquette vs. UW game today. The Badgers got the better of my Warriors today so I'm glad I at least had good eats!
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    How in the world do you get your flats that moist looking? Mine look like a dry sock.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
    Can't say that I did anything special. Flipped once at the 5 hour mark and didn't open the dome until internal temp on one was 196 and the other was 202. I only foil for about 30 minutes after they come off.
    ·
  • Man that's awesome.. I should've asked for a CyberQ for christmas...  I'll settle with a thermapen for now. =)
    CC, TX
    1 Small, 1 Large, BGE Lump... and a lot of love.
    ·
  • Hey @Kruegs, it was a good game and that brisket had to make a loss just a little bit better. That having been said Marquette played well and it was a pretty even game. The Badgers are GOOD this year, especially for a bunch of white guys (haha). Glad to basketball season is off to such a good start, it's necessary salve for a good but overall disappointing football campaign.

Cheers -
    B_B

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    edited December 2013
    @Kruegs  Is that a samurai sword at the bottom right of your cutting board?  Looks cool.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
    @dweebs0r it's my 14" brisket slicer. Bit of an overkill on these flats but great for a whole packer!
    ·
    It's a beautiful knife.  What is the make and model?
    ·

@dweebs0R its a Wustof.  I bought it on Amazon...description below.

4519-1/36-100 Features: -Slicer knife.-Perfect balance for effortless cutting.-Easy care synthetic handles designed for comfortable grip.-Dishwasher not recommended.-Dream knife for those who love to barbeque.-Hollow edge.-Long blade cuts through brisket and other meats effortlessly. Dimensions: -Blade length: 14".-Overall dimensions: 19" H x 1.5" W x 0.75" D, 0.75 lbs. Collection: -Gourmet collection. Warranty: -Manufacturer provides lifetime warranty.

·
    Thank you, @Kruegs
    ·