Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Three down, one to go

Options
Having previously posted about this weekend's cooks (starting with last Thursday). I thought I'd post some photographic evidence of my efforts. Didn't want to go overboard with the pics so, I've just included one from each cook.

Thursday's Cedar Plank Salmon done with hot maple mustard. We had this with some risotto and salad.

Friday's spatchcock chicken. Served with grilled sweet potato slices and more salad. On Saturday, I used the bones to make a stock that will be used, along with the leftover chicken, for Monday night's chicken and dumplings.

Saturday night I did some pork (side) ribs and threw in a couple of my homemade hot links. Served with mac & cheese and fried okra.

Tonight's brisket rubbed and ready to go on the egg at around 1:00am this morning. I'll post more brisket pics when it's done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• brianwdmn
    Options
    Impressive! Thanks for the visuals.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    Options
    Lookin good! Battin 1000 so far!
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Saturday night table for two please.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Just pulled the brisket (12 hrs.) IT's where 200-205* throughout and no resistance, in or out, with a probe. I separated the point from the flat and the flat will FTC until we eat around 5:00. I cubed the point for burnt ends and those are back out on the egg for a couple more hours. Should be a good dinner. Mrs. TOTN and I just heading out for a quick 5K run to help offset all of the extra calories!

Ready to pull after 12hrs.

Point cubed for burnt ends

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Mmmm...burnt ends...
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...