Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

217F and climbing.... what's next?

Wonder how long the snow will last?

• HDmstngHDmstng Posts: 167
    Rub is ready..
    Two 7.5lb butts, going to inject and rub using Lilly's recipe. Thinking 300F until ready with appkewood.
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,600
    Sounds like a winner to me.  Dinner tonight?
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    Just checked and realized I'm at 285F, should I bump to 300 or leave alone? Seems like I am in no mans land at 285.
  • why is that no mans land? If you are in a hurry, bump it. If not, let it ride where it settles in

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,439
    Looking good.  +1 on leaving it alone or you'll end up chasing the temp.  285 or 300 doesn't make a difference.  If you need to hurry it along, I'd bump to 350.
    It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • DMWDMW Posts: 7,480
    Leave it where its settled. I have attempted to tweak slightly before, only to over/under shoot. Lost a lot of sleep one night because I was worried about 15*.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    Ended up taking the temp up to 325. DigiQ makes it easy. Think I'm in the stall at 160 and it smells great!
  • DMWDMW Posts: 7,480
    Ah, I didn't realize you had a controller. ;)
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,569
    Sit back and have a cold one.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

With a 3 year old and a 9 month old, it is nice to be able to control something, hencethe digiq! Can't wait to try these out.
    Pulled after 6 hours and 40 minutes, it @ 200F. Resting now then pull and foidsaver for potluck in Friday. Very tasty and SWMBO really liked it.
  • That looks awesome. Great job!
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    edited December 2013
    Missed the pulled shots, but they are all sitting in the freezer in food saver bags.  The 15.5lbs ended up being nearly 8 lbs cooked.  Not sure how much the injection really helped, but the rub was really tasty.  The bark was very good, but I think 325 was a bit on the high side as some of the sugar was charred/burnt.  

BTW, the Meat Claws were great to use!  If you are going to make a lot of pulled pork, a definite must have.