Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 coffee rubbed flats

Options
Kruegs
Kruegs Posts: 128
edited December 2013 in EggHead Forum
Picked up 2 choice flats from Costco, salt, pepper and coffee rub. 14 hours at 235. Very tasty...love the very subtle coffee flavor. Started XL at 10pm when temp was about 5 degrees and windy. It dropped below zero with -15 wind chills overnight. Egg held steady at 235 all night with the help of CyberQ Wifi even though there was icicles coming off the blower unit!
XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nice..The egg is a beast.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Got to love cold weather BBQ. :)
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Black_Badger
    Options
    NICE! Gotta get one of those units, they're awesome.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Kruegs
    Options
    @black_badger I was making the brisket for the Marquette vs. UW game today. The Badgers got the better of my Warriors today so I'm glad I at least had good eats!
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    How in the world do you get your flats that moist looking? Mine look like a dry sock.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Kruegs
    Options
    Can't say that I did anything special. Flipped once at the 5 hour mark and didn't open the dome until internal temp on one was 196 and the other was 202. I only foil for about 30 minutes after they come off.
  • margareedaville
    Options
    Man that's awesome.. I should've asked for a CyberQ for christmas...  I'll settle with a thermapen for now. =)
    CC, TX
    1 Small, 1 Large, BGE Lump... and a lot of love.
  • Black_Badger
    Options
    Hey @Kruegs, it was a good game and that brisket had to make a loss just a little bit better. That having been said Marquette played well and it was a pretty even game. The Badgers are GOOD this year, especially for a bunch of white guys (haha). Glad to basketball season is off to such a good start, it's necessary salve for a good but overall disappointing football campaign.

Cheers -
    B_B

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    edited December 2013
    Options
    @Kruegs  Is that a samurai sword at the bottom right of your cutting board?  Looks cool.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • Kruegs
    Options
    @dweebs0r it's my 14" brisket slicer. Bit of an overkill on these flats but great for a whole packer!
  • dweebs0r
    Options
    It's a beautiful knife.  What is the make and model?
  • Kruegs
    Options

@dweebs0R its a Wustof.  I bought it on Amazon...description below.

4519-1/36-100 Features: -Slicer knife.-Perfect balance for effortless cutting.-Easy care synthetic handles designed for comfortable grip.-Dishwasher not recommended.-Dream knife for those who love to barbeque.-Hollow edge.-Long blade cuts through brisket and other meats effortlessly. Dimensions: -Blade length: 14".-Overall dimensions: 19" H x 1.5" W x 0.75" D, 0.75 lbs. Collection: -Gourmet collection. Warranty: -Manufacturer provides lifetime warranty.

• dweebs0r
    Options
    Thank you, @Kruegs