Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas party tonight - appetizers

Going to a neighborhood Christmas party tonight - I  took care of our appetizer contribution.  Double deck cook, Pig shots on the bottom, bacon wrapped sweet potato tots with maple syrup cooking on the top shelf (thanks @Tjcoley for the idea).    Cooking indirect at 300 for about 90 minutes.  Maple and pear wood (first time with pear) for the smoke

Gotta say I love Pig shots and they are a big hit, but a pain in the ass to make.  Took me an hour to roll and stuff 3 dozen.
XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
Rochester, NY

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Is that a copper tray on the bottom? I hope you lock it up. Wouldn't last a day down here.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Neighbors should be happy. We are going to a Xmas party also but my smoked meatball idea was shot down. I broke out the molecular gastronomy kit and made bloody Mary celery boats instead. Cool but still not smoked meatballs.
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Hotch said:
    Is that a copper tray on the bottom? I hope you lock it up. Wouldn't last a day down here.
    LOL.  Just a faux copper colored coating of some sort.  Actually a grill tray with holes for veggies, seafood, etc.  Picked up at Marshall's a couple of years ago for $10 or so
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY