Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT No Egg'n Today or Tomorrow

Hotch
Hotch Posts: 3,564
We are pretty much Iced in. Seems I will have to wait until we get back from Disney World to work on my Salado Eggfest menu.image
Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX

Comments

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Sunny and 82 at the Mouse House today. You should have a nice change of scenery! ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Hotch
    We can't hardly wait

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch, You don't have to winterize your pool?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Hotch
    No, only gets below 32 a few times during the winter. I use the freeze protection mode on the controller to keep the pumps running. Besides we still use the spa in the winter, after a few adult beverages.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • We've kept ours going (the spa) for the last 5 winters with no use. Anti-freezed it and tarped this year. We were over a K a month on electricity.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    im eggin in 0 degrees today! 
  • Hotch
    I have a gas heater for the pool and spa. Gas is cheap here in Texas. But the circulation does it for us. And with a PM vari speed motor electricity is not that bad.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • I have a gas heater too. My heating season is probably somewhat longer. May to October. Our spa is a stand alone and all electric. I'm going to hook it up to the boiler next year through a plate and frame heat exchanger.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Hotch
    Sounds like a good plan. Our season is about the same. Although we had to heat the pool somewhat up to end of May. We like it around 87-88F. Run the spa to about 103-104F.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX