Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I love smokin in the winter! (brisket question)

Henaple's post about brisket chili yesterday motivated me.  So, today I am smoking a brisket and the temps outside are a balmy 0 degrees.  My question is, do I need to foil it?

Comments

• I hate to be a downer but winter hasn't started yet

:((

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,673
    Not for the cold weather. If your wanting a quicker cook maybe. After the other day i don't believe I'll ever wrap one. Keep us posted.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • busmaniabusmania Posts: 307
    well it sure as hell feels like winter!  I don't think ill wrap. im at 152 internal temp right now.  Dome temp at 230. Its been on for almost 5 hours. I may bump it up to 260ish in a couple hours.  hoping to eat for dinner but im not going to rush it. 
  • KruegsKruegs Posts: 128
    Nothing like being able to warm the hands on the exterior of the egg during these frigid temps!
    XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
  • busmaniabusmania Posts: 307
    O my, I just opened it for the first time today.  Internal temp is 175.  Looks like a black ball of amazingness.  I hope it tastes the same!