Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another EggHead Forum Rub & Sauce Exchange?

Comments

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Signed up and heres the link seen as its buried away now.

Lynnwood WA
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Signed up. Looking forward to it!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

500 Posts: 3,177
    27 are in so far. I got most of my package bought today. One more item next week and I'm ready to ship.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
    edited December 2013
    What do y'all think about me including my homemade secret family recipe seasoning blend in the Elf package? Would that scare some people, not knowing what it's made from? I'd like to share some. I can't say what's in it though. You have to marry into the family to get the recipe. I've been thinking about marketing it locally and looking into pairing up with a friend that makes his own hot sauce.
    Member since 2009
  • You can ask your giftee about that on the elfster site when assigned

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Agree with @LS.  I would love to try some but everyone is different so once you are assigned to an elf you can ask them if they mind homemade rubs (try not to reveal your identity though).

-Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • I think you can ask anonymously

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• so its just local store bought rubs? or other gifts also? send you canadians some grits eh?  ;)
    Beaufort, SC
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    I would be up for some grits actually. I have a few rubs, a sauce and a couple other trinkets so I'm straying a bit from the strictest definition of sauces and rubs. If my elf asks if I will take his secret family rub, I hope I can figure out who it is... Actually I will likely ask the same question but mine isn't secret or family but you have to go to India to get all the ingredients.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • gmac
    I do need to apologize in advance to my Elf though.  Work demands have me travelling to Chicago next week so it will likely not be until I return that I can get my package in the mail.  I was hoping we'd have our "elfsignments" by the time I left but I completely understand and agree with keeping it open until Monday.  Plus I was going to drive and am now flying so I won't be taking a box of assorted goods with me to mail from the US, assuming I get a Americelf.

So, you may not receive your gift before the 16th so I hope you will forgive me...whoever you are.
  • gmac said:
    I would be up for some grits actually. I have a few rubs, a sauce and a couple other trinkets so I'm straying a bit from the strictest definition of sauces and rubs. If my elf asks if I will take his secret family rub, I hope I can figure out who it is... Actually I will likely ask the same question but mine isn't secret or family but you have to go to India to get all the ingredients.
    You can get grits here. White cornmeal I think. Red Mill brand in the grocery stores.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• gmac
    I know but I was after free grits :)  Plus you may have a few more options than I do regarding groceries.  I find our stores here are pretty limited when it comes to anything outside of the WASP norm.  For example, I have to pick up corn tortillas when I go to the US because there are none anywhere around here.  Asian and Mexican are pretty poorly represented but when I go to the in-laws in Scarborough I'll stock up on Asian ingredients.  We're a couple hours west of you and things are pretty bland out here.  

I've been thinking of making shrimp and grits for a while (although I don't want Elf shrimp in the mail).
  • I'm sure I've been told but where are you again?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• dweebs0r
    edited December 2013
    gmac said:
    So, you may not receive your gift before the 16th so I hope you will forgive me...whoever you are.
    The 16th is just a target.  The goal is by Christmas really.  I just thought it'd be nice to get (and give) some BBQ themed stocking stuffers.
    edited December 2013
    so its just local store bought rubs? or other gifts also? send you canadians some grits eh?  ;)
    My EGGelf will receive a sampler of Virginia-made items, not just local things, and not just sauce.
    Member since 2009
  • gmac
    I'm sure I've been told but where are you again?

I'm sure I've been told but where are you again?

I don't think I've said but Ingersoll is close enough. My wife is from Markham and Ellesmere area but she has taken to rural life well.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    My elf will receive 25 bags of Ozark Oak. ...

lol jk broski
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

So is it give what you want to or what and see what they ask for?  

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    I will try my best to get it sent out as soon as possibly. With our current weather here in Prosper TX and a planned trip to Disney World on Wednesday it will be a small challenge. :D
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
    Hotch said:

I would say give what you want. I want to give something that my elf may not be able to find near them.
    Member since 2009
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Hotch said:

I'm gonna try and do both. Some are putting up wish list items on the Elster site, so if I get one who wished for something in particular I'll make sure to get that but I will still be adding some local stuff and include too my personal favorite. (Because if I love it everyone else must too right??!)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Hotch said:

Just my opinion but the stuff should be as local as possible. I've sent local honey, la bomba antipasto, local hot sauces, local artisanal cheeses and so on. What makes it worthwhile is the chance to try something that is unavailable in your area.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• dweebs0r
    Should I try and mix up the Canadians and non-Canadians?  Or just let everything be random and the chips fall where they may?

Any opinions on this?
  • dweebs0r
    The wishlist I am making is more so my Elf will know the type of stuff that I like, not me wishing for the exact stuff on the list.
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    I'd do it again.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • dweebs0r
    CPARKTX said:
    I'd do it again.

• jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    bumpty bump! Not much time left...  :!!
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• What is the head count now?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    Looks like 29...
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• dweebs0r said:
    Should I try and mix up the Canadians and non-Canadians?  Or just let everything be random and the chips fall where they may?

Any opinions on this?
    No. That would not be good. I would get maple syrup and poutine. I hate that stuff.

Steve 

Caledon, ON