Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket is done...

Options
I started to go the injection and crutch method till Centex threatened to kick my ass. My 3rd packer. ..With previous fails. 13.5 lbs, loaded fire box with hickory chunks and Ozark Oak set to ride at 220 overnight with the help of the digiq.
First, the digiq was a champ. Held 220 all night through heavy, heavy rain. The backup maverick read 230 but close enough. Grid, not dome.
Thunder woke me at 3 am so I went to check the egg..steady at 220. Woke and checked the temp at 7:30...220. After going back inside I thought maybe I should check the brisket temp, it was done. 205 throughout and tender enough to set the thermapen in by its own weight. 16 hours was quicker than I thought but it is what it is. Coolered it for a while then cut it, bagged it for my friends and cubed the flat for brisket chili.
It was the best brisket I've ever had. Maybe it was too tender..almost pulled brisket. I don't care. The taste is phenomenal. All the credit and many, many thanks goes to the brisket king Centex for walking me through the cook. I only got about 7 lbs of meat from a 13.5 cut. Don't know if that's good or bad. All but a sandwich will be gone..means another brisket next week.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments