Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackened Snook!!! Lots of Pics :)

Options
porta
porta Posts: 88
Well, Snook season is over here in FL (Tampa). Thankfully they opened it for a few months so we could enjoy for a little while. It's been 3 + years since I had it so this was a treat. It was my mission to get one on Saturday. I mostly target Redfish (I fish tournaments) so I decided to go get a Snook while I still could. It was a 30"er not my biggest but it would do for dinner :) I got some NICE filets off of her. Decided to use my dad's Redfish recipe. Only cooked 1 filet and it was more than plenty. Put the cast iron pan on the egg and went Nuclear! 700 degrees until the pan was white hot. brush generously with unsalted butter and seasoned w/ redfish blackening season on both sides. Only takes 2 minutes per side. It was delicious!!! Served with red beans and rice. Enjoy! (I sure did)

68% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Comments